cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z690 Formula PCH/Chipset Temperatures

EconomyFishFing
Level 7
Good afternoon everyone,

I was just wanting some advice with my Z690 Formula motherboard.

I am experiencing very high chipset temperatures at idle/load ranging between 82-90C

I dont think this is normal, and if not how would I best tackle this? How would I access the chipset itself to perhaps try to repaste the chip or assess the state of the thermal pads if any? I dont want to accidentally damage the board but these temperatures are a little concerning to me.

regards
12 REPLIES 12

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi EconomyFishFinger and Spartanjet,
Could you please change the graphics card to PCIEX16(G5)_2 slot to see if PCH temperature would be reduced?
Thank you.

The PCH temperature on my Z690-Formula was also high. I made a drastic solution.

I took off the LED cover and glued (double-sided tape) a small fan

Believe it or not but the temperature of the PCH dropped by 15C (ambient temperature of 27C)

Hi TZero,
just to be sure some questions. Don´t want to disassemble my build before having more informations. I have high PCH-temps as well.
You removed the white cover where the little cutouts for the LED are in? Then you removed the complete "monitor" (yellow in my pic1, red ist the connector)?

RBA_1-1681818300913.png

After that, on your pic, there is still another white cover (where your cooler sits on), is this original on board? is this a heatspreder or so ? Does this cover also touch other chips around the PCH (see pic2)? Or is this cover made by yourself?

RBA_2-1681818640086.png

How did you solve the cooling for the nmv on the lower leeft corner in your pic?

Would be graet if you still know something about that, and have time to give me some hints.

Thanx in advance!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
/ ROG Maximus Z690 Formula / I7-13700K / Asus TUF Gaming RTX 3080 V2 OC 10MB / G.Skill Ripsaws S5 DDR5-5600 , CL 36-36-36-89, 2 x 32 GB
/ Corsair HX1200 / 2 x Kingston KC3000 2TB NVM M2 at PCIE4.0 / 1 x WD Blue 1TB NVM M2 at PCIE3.0 / 1x Sata SSD 2TB / 1 x Sata HDD 4TB
/ Lian Li O11DXL ROG White / EK-Quantum Reflection² PC-O11D XL D5 PWM D-RGB - Plexi / EK-Quantum Velocity² D-RGB - 1700 Nickel + Acetal
/ EK-Quantum Vector TUF RTX 3080/3090 D-RGB - Nickel + Acetal / EK-Quantum Vector TUF RTX 3080/3090 Active Backplate - Acetal
/ EK-Quantum Surface 2 x S360 x 120 - White Radiators / 10 x Lian Li Unifan SL V2 White
/ EK Extenders + Rotarys Black / BykSki Anto-off Fittings / Satin Acry 16mm Hardtubes / BykSki Temp & Flow Sensor B-TFC-CS-X independent
/ Alphacool Temp & Flow Sensor connected to MB / Cablemod Black & White
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
/ Bios 2305 / Intel ME Firmware 16.1.25.2020 / Intel ME Interface 2229.3.2.0 / Intel ME Components 2230.3.20.0