cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z690 Formula Missing heatsink M.2 pad?

PM44122
Level 7
Hello guys,*

since in the manual it looks like there should be a heatsink pad or something, does my Bord miss there something?*
92057*
7 REPLIES 7

PM44122
Level 7
Wow it’s really missing ….cant believe how?!?! At that price point?! That means contacting support and waiting for weeks….. or try to install it and grafting high (WD black SN850) and even affecting the chipset area with more heat….92058

Anyone experience? I mean the top heatsink on the shield is there, but the down part is missing, I already opened a ticket about that, but the wait time kills me, I’m not sure if I should proceed or better wait (don’t want to dissamble the pc) if I really have to send in the whole Mainboard because of that

PM44122 wrote:
Anyone experience? I mean the top heatsink on the shield is there, but the down part is missing, I already opened a ticket about that, but the wait time kills me, I’m not sure if I should proceed or better wait (don’t want to dissamble the pc) if I really have to send in the whole Mainboard because of that

I can't really make out what is missing exactly from the pic, but that is not to say something is not missing. I think you are in the best position to say. You could try double checking the manuals for the board for any important details about M2 slots.

Jimbo93 wrote:
I can't really make out what is missing exactly from the pic, but that is not to say something is not missing. I think you are in the best position to say. You could try double checking the manuals for the board for any important details about M2 slots.

92059 *

92060*

* in the manual it also looks that there should be a heatsink of down below Â*(on my board there are only two holes)

Maybe it comes in the box separate from the board. No idea.

Spartanjet
Level 7
Did you get that from NewEgg? Thats how mine was sent back because the thermal pad disintegrated when I was removing my M.2 drives in that slot. Yes, its supposed to come with a thermal pad on top of the heatshield and bottom just like the picture shows.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi PM44122,
Please consult the dealer first.
Thank you.