cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z690 Formula - Constant loss of ethernet on load.

axiumone
Level 11
Strange issue here that I don't even know how to troubleshoot. Whenever the ethernet gets loaded past 20 mb/s, theres a high probability that it will disconnect from the internet. I didn't think it was the motherboard at first, but now it seems like it's the only culprit.

Steps tried:
- Variety of different ethernet cables
- Replaced router with asus ax88u
- Tried marvell 3.1.3 and 3.1.6 drivers

After the ethernet adapter says it's not connected to the internet, the only thing that seems to work is funnily enough the built in MS tool that resets the ethernet adapter, after that the connection is back to normal, until the adapter is loaded again.
106 REPLIES 106

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi axiumone,
Could you please check if there are options like Energy-Efficient Ethernet, Power Saving Mode in device manager > network adapters(Marvell) > properties > advanced?
If yes, please disable them to see if the issue persists.
Thank you.

Energy-Efficient Ethernet was enabled. I have disabled it. Will report back.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi axiumone,
Could you please check if there are options like Energy-Efficient Ethernet, Power Saving Mode in device manager > network adapters(Marvell) > properties > advanced?
Thank you.

This suggestion did not work. System still loses ethernet. This is ridiculous. It's been a YEAR with this motherboard and this problem.

arabesc
Level 7
I have the same issue.
M/B: Asus ROG Z690 Formula
BIOS: 2103
Driver: 3.1.7.0
Disabling Recv Segment Coalescing IPv4/IPv6 doesn't help.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi arabesc,
Did the issue also occur on Marvell Ethernet connection Driver V3.0.19.0 and V3.1.3.0?
Could you please also check if there are options like Energy-Efficient Ethernet, Power Saving Mode in device manager > network adapters(Marvell) > properties > advanced?
Thank you.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi arabesc,
Did the issue also occur on Marvell Ethernet connection Driver V3.0.19.0 and V3.1.3.0?
Could you please also check if there are options like Energy-Efficient Ethernet, Power Saving Mode in device manager > network adapters(Marvell) > properties > advanced?
Thank you.

Hi,
The Energy-Efficient Ethernet option was off. I turned it on and there are no more connection drops since then.
The Recv Segment Coalescing IPv4/IPv6 seems to be irrelevant to the connection loss issue.
The driver version is 3.1.7.0. It seems the driver has to be fixed in regard to the Energy-Efficient Ethernet option.

arabesc wrote:
Hi,
The Energy-Efficient Ethernet option was off. I turned it on and there are no more connection drops since then.
The Recv Segment Coalescing IPv4/IPv6 seems to be irrelevant to the connection loss issue.
The driver version is 3.1.7.0. It seems the driver has to be fixed in regard to the Energy-Efficient Ethernet option.

My energy-efficient option on 3.1.7.0 was "on" by default, yet the drops happen. So, I turned it and the "Power Management" options off...

Edit: So far, so good. It may have dropped out for a few secs, but it was short. Still seeing.

av00va wrote:
My energy-efficient option on 3.1.7.0 was "on" by default, yet the drops happen. So, I turned it and the "Power Management" options off...

Edit: So far, so good. It may have dropped out for a few secs, but it was short. Still seeing.

No recorded drops. I ran a ping loop and gamed for a few days now. After turning energy plan to High Performance, energy-efficient ethernet to off, and Power Management options off, seems to be A-OK.

axiumone
Level 11

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi axiumone,
Is the occurrence frequency getting lower after disable Energy-Efficient Ethernet and Power Saving Mode?
Could you please tried you pc connecting to other ISP network to check if the issue also occurs?
Thank you.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi axiumone,
Is the occurrence frequency getting lower after disable Energy-Efficient Ethernet and Power Saving Mode?
Could you please tried you pc connecting to other ISP network to check if the issue also occurs?
Thank you.

Frequency is about the same. It's not an ISP issue, as 1. Other users on here are experiencing this and 2. All other devices on the network can access the internet just fine when the motherboard network adapter fails.