Hey STARRAIN, I can provide this information as I can frequently reproduce the issue on my end.
(Z690 Maximus Extreme; BIOS 1304; reproduces even after reset to factory defaults)
- Confirmed connected to 10GB Ethernet port (Marvell) and not Intel 2.5G
- Neither of the status LEDs around the physical port change. Just before reproducing the issue, and immediately upon reproducing the issue and being in-state, the ACT/LINK LED flashes green and the SPEED LED stays solid orange.
- I've faced this issue on BIOS 1304 and the previous version (1101 I think?); and I have faced this issue with Marvell Ethernet connection Driver V22.214.171.124 and V126.96.36.199 which is listed on the Marvell driver page
Easiest way for me to reproduce this reliably is to download a large game from any client/launcher. After a minute or two I see the download throughput go from ~100MB/s or greater, to kilobytes and then 0 until the adapter is reset (or disabled > enabled again) manually.
Thank you for your reply.
Have you also tried other ethernet cables and router?
Do you have the same issue with Intel 2.5Gb ethernet port?
May I have the following information?
- the serial number of your motherboard via PM
- the brand and model name of your CPU, RAM, graphics card, PSU and OS drive
(Please check the specific model name of RAM such as ADATA AX5U6000C4016G-DCLARBK.)
- OS version and OS build
For loss of 10Gb ethernet issue, I've reported it to our tech team for further testing.
For latency delay issue, how long do two Formula PC take to connect the internet? Have you tried Marvell Ethernet connection Driver V188.8.131.52 from our support site?
Does it occur on bios 1304 with bios all default settings?
If the Formula PC in another room also connect from 2.5G WAN/LAN port on the GT-AXE11000 router to the 10G ethernet with the same cat7 cable, do you also have the latency issue on another Formula PC?