cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z690 Formula - Constant loss of ethernet on load.

axiumone
Level 11
Strange issue here that I don't even know how to troubleshoot. Whenever the ethernet gets loaded past 20 mb/s, theres a high probability that it will disconnect from the internet. I didn't think it was the motherboard at first, but now it seems like it's the only culprit.

Steps tried:
- Variety of different ethernet cables
- Replaced router with asus ax88u
- Tried marvell 3.1.3 and 3.1.6 drivers

After the ethernet adapter says it's not connected to the internet, the only thing that seems to work is funnily enough the built in MS tool that resets the ethernet adapter, after that the connection is back to normal, until the adapter is loaded again.
106 REPLIES 106

Jiaszzz@ROG wrote:
Go to Intel(R) Ethernet Controller Properties

There is no Intel Ethernet Controller on that board.
And there is no "On (when system id in S0, S0c and Sx" option for the Marvell AQtion 10GBit Network Adapter, there are just Enable and Disable values.

I turned off the energy efficient option, and then repeatedly tested downloading the game, but there was still a loss of traffic.

Sebi_137
Level 7

Three Desktops here - z690 maximus hero, z690 maximus extreme and a z790 formula and all of them had issues with connection drops. It makes no difference if we use the 10G Marvell Stuff or the  2.5 Intel LAN Adapter.  Latest Bios, Drivers, Win11 etc.. nothing works. The only stable connection is available over the integrated WIFI solution... 

After weeks of trying, RMA Mainboards etc. i decided to buy three x550 T2 Lan Adapters from Intel. And what should i say .. everything works as expected. 900mb/s down und up, no more connections drops on all three PC for weeks now. And yes, the NICs have a nice classic green pcb ... 😉 

Needless to mention that all the other network stuff (5 Desk, 10 Lap, NAS .. ) works perfectly for years on the existing network equipment.

So, shame on you ASUS. Fix that **bleep** / RMA the Boards and find a solution and don't babble on .. "please check cable" .. "please check if the cable is plugged in" .. "Please download a driver" .. "Please reinstall windows" 

Regards

Sebi

Devar
Level 8

I am having the same issue with a Marvell Aqtion 10G, but it's on a different board, the Asus ROG CROSSHAIR X670E EXTREME. It stops working out of nowhere and I have to disable/reenable. Tried everything suggested here as well.

iain
Level 7

I'm having this issue too 😞 It's pretty lame

MrZiggy007
Level 7

Just bought and setup a MAXIMUS Z690 EXTREME GLACIAL, which wasn't a cheap board, mainly because of the built in 10G LAN port... and as I am here, I have the same issue with the constant disconnects on the 10G port.  To say I am disappointed that this seems to be a recurring issue and has not been resolved in over a year is an understatement.  Swapped to the 2.5G port and it's been fine.  Had I known that there were this many problems with a premium board then I would have bought something else...  ASUS are obviously capable of doing it as I have an ASUS XG-C100C card which I was using in my old PC and that has been working perfectly fine for a year.

Hello  mans

Well I've been facing this problem of disconnecting from the marvel network for a long time, but my wifi network seems to work with my asus RT AX82U modem.
I have a maximus XII Hero (wifi) z490 I have a problem with the ethernet marvel AQC111C 5gb I have the latest version 3.1.7.0 and windows 11 updated, I have already tried changing cables and deactivating and reactivating the connection but this always happens when I enter online games my network disconnects and I end up falling into the game but I always come back because the wifi connection is active and I can return to the game but only through wifi.

I've already tried to reinstall the old and new driver and I haven't been able to do anything until today, the marvel connection only returns when I restart my computer.

I have the latest version of bios and firmware

"Once more into the fray.
In the last good fight I will never know.
Live and die on this day.
Live and die on this day. "