cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z690 Asus Tuf Gaming Plus Wifi D4 Audio Popping

SnapCrackle
Level 7
I've read numerous threads detailing exactly my issue where changing windows volume, scrubbing through videos, receiving a notification, watching videos, or on startup or shutdown where it will consistently cause the audio to pop. I've tried latencymon and the only thing I can garner from it is a 6k microsecond DPC time from ACPI.sys and around 1200 microsecond time from ntoskrnl.exe or nvlddmkm.sys from NVIDIA. I've already did a clean install of windows from 10 to 11 and the issue persisted all the way through updating everything. I've followed the driver thread of a full cleanup of drivers through uninstalling realtek console/app, DTS and deleting the driver files through driverstore and reinstalling; nothing has worked and I already exchanged this board for another of the same model and then completely reinstalled windows. So much time wasted trying to fix this issue. After updating to latest audio drivers from website, my front panel jack sound is completely messed and unusable. Now there's constant buzzing from the line out jack on the motherboard until windows is completely booted up.

What I've done:
Disabled fast boot
Turned on and off XMP
Completely reinstalled everything audio related
Updated PD Firmware to version 007
Updated Intel Serial IO Driver
Disabled all sound processing from DTS and Realtek in Device manager
Disabled Wifi/Bluetooth
Messed with sound bits and sample rate/format
Tried USB Dac
Tried Generic Drivers
Reinstalled fresh to windows 11 from 10 (where the issue started)
Return motherboard for another of the same model
Updated Bios to 2204
Tested in Safe Mode
Tried All Ports (USB and 3.5mm)
12 REPLIES 12

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hello, SnapCrackle.

According to your previous description, it seems that you didn't mention having a popping sound even when the sound is muted.
May I ask if you turn on the silent mode and execute something at the same time, making the popping sound?
Such as playing YouTube videos in silent mode? Or will there be a popping sound even if no software is running after booting?

Thank you.

There will be popping even when no audio is playing. There will be popping on the starting of my PC and again when windows shows up. It will pop when shutting down my pc. I even installed linux on a usb and the popping is there too. There's popping in safe mode as well. I didn't mean mute as in zero volume, I meant no audio playing.

EDIT: Sometimes, clicking on dialog options in browser or windows, the popping will happen. Same with opening games or apps. For instance, on this very forum: clicking on reject cookies will sometimes cause popping with no audio in background.

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hello, SnapCrackle.

Since the scenario is that no matter the PC is on, in safe mode, or no playing video, the sound exists.
It is recommended that you refer to [Motherboard] Troubleshooting - No Power/No Boot/No Display for testing with minimal components to isolate the possible cause.
>> https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1042632/
Confirm which hardware part is causing the abnormal sound by reducing the hardware.

Thank you.