cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z590-E with Dual Video (OnBoard + Radeon RX5700

mralisson
Level 7
Hey, guys. I just update my system from a Maximus IX to Strix Z590-E. All remaining parts (including Nvme with windows 10 installed) are the same.

Therefore, I'm unable to get the onbard video work. From Device Manager, the onboard video is absent. On BIOS, there is no setting for disabling the onboard video.

Im my previous setup, I was able to use onboard + RX5700 normally. Is there any trick on Z590 to use both onboard + RX5900 ?

Thanks
18 REPLIES 18

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi mralisson,
Is there also iGPU and PCIE in primary display setting?
Could you please one of your monitor to the onboard graphics and then check the bios settings and device manager again?
Thank you.

Hey STARRAIN,
There is no IGPU option in dropdown menu.
I plugged one monitor to the onboard and the dropdown menu still not showing iGPU

Please see the pictures:

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi mralisson,
Is it no display on the monitor which is connecting to onboard graphics?
May I have the information below?
- the serial number of your motherboard via PM
- If the RX5700 graphics card is our product, please also send the serial number of your graphics card via PM. If it is not our product, may I have the brand and specific model name?
- Do you connect two monitor via HDMI or DP?
- the brand and model name of RAM, PSU and tow monitors
(Please check the specific model name of your RAM such as G.SKILL F4-4800C18D-32GTZR)
- OS version and OS build
Thank you.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi mralisson,
Is it no display on the monitor which is connecting to onboard graphics?
May I have the information below?
- the serial number of your motherboard via PM
- If the RX5700 graphics card is our product, please also send the serial number of your graphics card via PM. If it is not our product, may I have the brand and specific model name?
- Do you connect two monitor via HDMI or DP?
- the brand and model name of RAM, PSU and tow monitors
(Please check the specific model name of your RAM such as G.SKILL F4-4800C18D-32GTZR)
- OS version and OS build
Thank you.

- the serial number of your motherboard via PM -> DONE
- If the RX5700 graphics card is our product, please also send the serial number of your graphics card via PM. If it is not our product, may I have the brand and specific model name? -> It is a SAPPHIRE AMD RADEON RX 5700XT 8GB, GDDR6
- Do you connect two monitor via HDMI or DP? -> one HDMI and one DP (on RX5700). When trying to use onboard, I've tried both DP and HDMI also
- the brand and model name of RAM, PSU and tow monitors -> Memory 4 x DDR4 8GB 2400M KINGSTON HYPERX FURY - Model HX424C15FB / PSU Corsair HX850 / Monitors Samsung TA550 and Samsung LED LC49HG90DMLXZX Ultra WQHD 49"
- OS version and OS build -> Windows 10 21H1

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi mralisson,
Thank you for your reply and information.
May I double confirm Is it no display on the monitor which is connecting to onboard graphics?
If you remove the RX5700XT graphics card, and only connect one monitor to onboard graphics, is the display normal and is there the iGPU option in bios and device manager?
Thank you.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi mralisson,
Thank you for your reply and information.
May I double confirm Is it no display on the monitor which is connecting to onboard graphics?
If you remove the RX5700XT graphics card, and only connect one monitor to onboard graphics, is the display normal and is there the iGPU option in bios and device manager?
Thank you.

Hey @STARRAIN. There is two situations:
- With RX5700 attached, there is NO DISPLAY on monitors connected to onboard graphics
- Without RX5700, I am able to enter BIOS (even without pressing F2 or DEL) and can confirm iGPU is present. Therefore, I can't enter on windows since there is a kind of loop between boot and BIOS

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi mralisson,
Thank you for your reply.
I'll consult our tech team more about this.
Thank you.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi mralisson,
Our tech team have tested the devices on hand, but there is iGPU option.
Please refer to the following link to clear the data by using CLRTC Pin and mercury cell short-circuit.(Please do both of them)
If there is still no iGPU option, please send the motherboard to our local service center for further examination.
Please visit our official website for contact info of our local service center.
Thank you.

Hey, can you post the link? I think it is missing ... I'd like to follow exactly the desired procedure. Thanks

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi mralisson,
I'm sorry I missed the link.
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1040820/
Please also try the RAM stick one by one for each slot and back up your personal files and then reinstall win10, because you said cannot boot into windows after removed the graphics card.
Thank you.