cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z590-E Gaming wifi BIOS PTT and Secure boot setting reverting to enabled automaticly.

Nuckels
Level 8
Ever since the implementation of windows 11 support (support meaning automaticly enabling secure boot and PTT) within a bios update on the z590 platform it is impossible to disable PTT and secure boot. After a reboot those settings will revert back to their default state from the install. This is a known issue and has been mentioned multiple times both on this forum as well as other forums. Hoping the latest update of 1301 would fix this but this issue is still pressent.

Please fix the functionality and let me disable PTT and secure boot.
19 REPLIES 19

kubr0
Level 7
+1

why leave a setting in BIOS which is impossible to set? Just get it out of my sight or explain on why its behavior changed going from v0902 to v1007.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi Nuckels and kubr0,
I'll consult our tech team more about this.
May I know why you want to disable PTT and secure boot?
Thank you.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi Nuckels and kubr0,
Thank you.

from previous BIOS versions - v0902 and earlier, I was used to having to disable PTT to have the TPM 2.0 chip turned off and prevent Win10 update to detect my PC as being eligible to upgrade to Win11. With v1007 and later, there was a separate section added for the TPM chip, but TPP is still there too, and as used to, I'd just simply like to disable it. That does not seem to be possible anymore as the setting always re-enables itself, on its own.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi Nuckels and kubr0,
Thank you.

Multitude of reasons, most important one being to run some customised drivers for handmade devices etc.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi kubr0 and Nuckels,
Thank you for your reply.
For disabling TPM, please enter bios\Advance Mode\Advanced\Trusted Computing to disable Security Device Support, and then save & exit.
If you still cannot disable secure boot, could you please help to record a video about how you set up in bios and check secure boot is enabled?
Thank you.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi kubr0 and Nuckels,
For disabling TPM, please enter bios\Advance Mode\Advanced\Trusted Computing to disable Security Device Support, and then save & exit.
If you still cannot disable secure boot, could you please help to record a video about how you set up in bios and check secure boot is enabled?
Thank you.

Hi STARRAIN@ROG,
thank you for your response, which does unfortunately not address the core of the question. I was aware how to disable the TPM security chip past BIOS v1007, the question is however, why does PTT past BIOS v1007 stay on enabled when I set it to disabled? Why is such setting even offered to the user, when there is no way to set it to disabled as it enables it self after every restart?
Thanks!

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi kubr0 and Nuckels,
Thank you.

The problem is PTT setting reverts itself after every reboot to enabled. I am currently not able to make a video but hopefully kurb0 can. That being said, just disable PTT, power the system off, power it on and it's enabled again.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi kubr0 and Nuckels,
PTT enabled in bios is mainly for TPM enabled of win11, and Security Device Support is the mainly option for PTT.
Although it showed PTT enabled, it is not working actually.
Therefore, our tech team suggest disable Security Device Support for TPM disabled.
If it doesn't meet your needs, may I have a video or screenshots about PTT, secure boot and TPM option you mentioned?
Thank you.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:

Therefore, our tech team suggest disable Security Device Support for TPM disabled.

Well, thats exactly what I did.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi kubr0 and Nuckels,
PTT enabled in bios is mainly for TPM enabled of win11, and Security Device Support is the mainly option for PTT.
Although it showed PTT enabled, it is not working actually.

As you can see, this is what we have already figured - it is not working actually. So let me circle back to the root question - why even leave the option for the user there?

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:

If it doesn't meet your needs, may I have a video or screenshots about PTT, secure boot and TPM option you mentioned?

I fail to see the purpose of this. What would you actually like me to do? To show you a screenshot of me setting PTT to disabled and then after restart it being set to enabled again? This can be easily reproduced on the M13H mobo running v1007 BIOS or later and you even acknowledged that PTT is not working currently.

EDIT: ah ok, you haven't acknowledged it actually. I guess it was lost in translation and what you meant is that if TPM is disabled, the PTT option doesn't do anything even if it is enabled. Still, leads me back to the root of the question, why the heck leave it there and let me change it when it doesn't change ... 😄