cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z 690 Hero - Ploymo lighting and usb error issue

AwenMilano
Level 10
hi there, my board got ploymo lighting issue since months lately.
when rog letter apear if i chose red the G was like gone, another color also have an issue also
when hero logo apear at the bottom right corner the light like gone.
also usb sometimes show an error - address failed or invalid device descriptor
please need help and advice

i put the video via youtube:
https://youtu.be/D3I6ged9gBE
15 REPLIES 15

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hello, AwenMilano.

Thank you for updating the problem.

For issue 1:
May I ask if it is possible to solve the incomplete lighting problem by replacing the Lian Li Strimer cable?
Please help to cross-test with other cables to confirm whether it is caused by Lian Li Strimer.

For issue 2:
What is the full brand and model of your USB and RAM? When there is a problem with the system, is there any prompt after restarting POST directly?
Please help confirm if you have tried connecting the USB via a USB hub or connecting with the front panel.
If possible, please provide an image and label the port 02 and hub 09 you mentioned to help us understand the configuration.

Meanwhile, it seems that there is another error instead of the USB port. Is it because of the monitor?

For issue 3:
The motherboard fail to detect aio cooler problem seems not occured in BIOS 2004.
Since you just update BIOS to 2204, may I ask if the problem happenes again?
Do you tried cross-test with another cooler? Please provide the brand and model of all the coolers that have been tested.

Thank you.

Jiaszzz@ROG wrote:
Hello, AwenMilano.

For issue 1:
May I ask if it is possible to solve the incomplete lighting problem by replacing the Lian Li Strimer cable?
Please help to cross-test with other cables to confirm whether it is caused by Lian Li Strimer.

For issue 2:
What is the full brand and model of your USB and RMA? When there is a problem with the system, is there any prompt after restarting POST directly?
Please help confirm if you have tried connecting the USB via a USB hub or connecting with the front panel.
If possible, please provide an image and label the port 02 and hub 09 you mentioned to help us understand the configuration.

Meanwhile, it seems that there is another error instead of the USB port. Is it because of the monitor?

For issue 3:
The motherboard fail to detect aio cooler problem seems not occured in BIOS 2004.
Do you tried cross-test with another cooler? Please provide the brand and model of all the coolers that have been tested.

Thank you.

hi there, thanks for the help
for issue 1:
i already try remove liali strimer from my system, the light still like that
i also have picture when light still fine when lianli strimer installed at my system, i will attach here

for issue 2:
i still try to solved it

for issue 3:
yes it just happen again at bios 2204
i dont have any another coller for cross test

Jiaszzz@ROG wrote:
Hello, AwenMilano.

For issue 1:

For issue 2:
What is the full brand and model of your USB and RMA? When there is a problem with the system, is there any prompt after restarting POST directly?

For issue 3:

Thank you.

as your advice today i completely remove lianli streamer cable from my pc. and the problem still perssist

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hello, AwenMilano.

As for issue 2:
May I have the full brand and model of your USB and RAM? Is there any prompt after restarting POST directly?
Did you try connecting to the front-panel USB port?

For issue 3:
It seems that we have suggested you visit ASUS repair center to check both the ROG RYUJIN II 360 and the motherboard.
May I know whether the issue reappears after the repair? Does it happen once it gets back from repair or when you use it for awhile?

Thank you.

Jiaszzz@ROG wrote:
Hello, AwenMilano.

As for issue 2:
May I have the full brand and model of your USB and RAM? Is there any prompt after restarting POST directly?
Did you try connecting to the front-panel USB port?

For issue 3:
It seems that we have suggested you visit ASUS repair center to check both the ROG RYUJIN II 360 and the motherboard.
May I know whether the issue reappears after the repair? Does it happen once it gets back from repair or when you use it for awhile?

Thank you.

hi Jiaszzz@ROG
issue 2:
my usb list was: 1. steelseries arctis 7 cable usb
2. steelseries arctis nova pro wireless cable usb
3. asus xg 279q cable usb
4. orico hdd enclousure cable usb
5. razer blackwidow
6. corsair schimitar mouse
7. xbox controller dongle
my ram is G.Skill F5-6000J3636F16GX2-TZ5RK

issue 3:
i will visit asus service soon.

did i must send them include a motherboard box and accecories?

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hello, AwenMilano.

For issue 1:
It seems that the problem persists after changing the cable.
May I ask if you have tried connecting with the cable that comes with the power supply?

For issue 2:
Do all the USB devices on the list have error messages? Do you still encounter this situation?
Is there any prompt after restarting POST directly?

For issue 3:
Please bring both the ROG MAXIMUS Z690 HERO and ROG RYUJIN II 360 to the repair center for testing.

Thank you.