cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XG43UQ - Xbox One X / Series X - HDR Options disabled

GDarius
Level 7
Hi Guys

I have the new monitor and it is steadfastly refusing to use HDR I have tried on both Xbox One X (on the xbox TV information panel it says the monitor cannot use HDR for games....) and on the XBox series X (it says the monitoe CAN use HDR for games). Neither console allows the option for HDR on the Asus OSD.

I know both consoles can do 4K UHD / HDR as they both manage it on my way cheaper TV....

I am assuming it's a setting or config on the monitor since it is supposed to be able to do pretty much everything and definitely 4K and HDR10

Anyone else have it / any suggestions ?

Cheers

Andy
2 REPLIES 2

docofkult
Level 7
Hi,

I see this as well. The Series X states that HDR is supported by the monitor but HDR is disabled in the monitor settings. There are a couple of features that is not compatible with others but afaict none of the ones I have enabled should disable HDR.

Currently I'm in a bit of a foul mood as I just learned that Asus has announced a XBox version of the monitor. This was actually what lead me to your post. I seriously hope that the current HDR settings will be fixed and the Xbox HDR profile will be made available for the original XG43UQ.

Update: I did manage to get it enabled. I went to Video fidelity and overscan and set 10-bit color depth. Afterwards I had to enable all the video modes again. e.g. Allow 4k, Allow HDR etc. The final piece of the puzzle was to start a game. The monitor then posted that some settings got disabled due to enabling HDR and the HDR options in the monitor OSD where now available.

Thanks for your reply - yes, I literally saw the October launch for the new Xbox edition, I have spent 2 weeks talking to Asus support about this who didnt seem to realise there was a new version coming out.... despite both you and i having purchased the monitor because it supports the latest consoles (!!!)

All options should be available as advertised. If you have raised this with them please let me know how you get on, I have a couple of days in which to return the product to the retailer (£100 for insured shipping).... VERY unhappy and terrible "support"

Cheers

Andy