cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X670E HERO Possible GPU Issue

Bananas4Life
Level 8
I'm coming from a Z490 MSI Motherboard that I used an EVGA 3080 TI FTW3 without issue. I've been having some random crashing lately since changing over. I verified memory is good via memtest. Ran SFC, uninstalled re-installed the NVIDIA driver and also ran DISM commands, but I'm still having issues since changing to this board. I noticed one thing is it seems like the GPU doesn't "Click" in place. It's up against the glass panel pretty tight. I can verify it does look in place though because I can't remove it without pressing the release. Has anyone else experienced anything GPU wise on this board? Posting below the error I get when some of my games are crashing. I also had it BSOD as well with this bug check 0x00000119. It all seems to be pointing to Drivers, so I may end up completing a clean install of Windows. I'm running 22H2 and upgraded from 21H2.

The description for Event ID 0 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\Device\Video3
Error occurred on GPUID: 100

The message resource is present but the message was not found in the message table
30 REPLIES 30

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi mpa4712,
How long do you play Warzone and youtube video with both monitors and get below message and BSOD or restart? Does it occur every time you play Warzone and youtube video with both monitors?
May I have the following information?
- the serial number of the motherboard via pm
- the brand and model name of your CPU, PSU, OS drive and monitors
- Is the graphics driver version 522.25?
- Is OS build 22621.674?
- a screenshot of the message in event viewer

Thank you.

I will send this over

- the brand and model name of your CPU, PSU, OS drive and monitors
AMD Ryzen 7900x.
Power supply is EVGA SuperNOVA 750 GA
OS drive is Samsung 960 EVO 500GB Solid State Drive (MZ-V6E500BW)
Monitors: Acer K2 Series K272HUL and GIGABYTE M32QC

- Is the graphics driver version 522.25?
Yes

- Is OS build 22621.674?
Yes

- a screenshot of the message in event viewer
Here's one:

I can also add that when I get a BSOD because of this, I get a bugcheck and here is what the dump file analysis shows:

In regards to:
How long do you play Warzone and youtube video with both monitors and get below message and BSOD or restart? Does it occur every time you play Warzone and youtube video with both monitors?

It can be 3 minutes, or 10 minutes, it just varies. It's probably 8/10 times I play it happens.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi hwoodiwiss,
Do you have the issue on 0705 with bios all default settings(no OC)?
How long do you play Rainbow 6: Siege in Vulkan mode before the issue occurs? Does it occurs every time you play the game?
Do you install graphics card in PCIEX16_1 slot and no device in PCIEX16_2 slot?
- the Corsair ram version like the photo below
- the screenshot or video of the event viewer message and stuttering issue with low-level PCI queries
Thank you.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi mpa4712,
Thank you for your reply.
I'll consult our tech team more about it.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi mpa4712,
Our tech team would like to know more about the scenario.
How do you connect two monitors? connect to graphics card or motherboard? Which port do you connect each monitor?
Which monitor do you play Warzone and which one for youtube video?
If you only connect one monitor, do you have the same issue?
Have you run memtest and fullmark/3dmard test to test ram and graphics card but there is no issue?
Thank you.

Any news o this topic? I'm unable to run my PC using PCIE (16x) Slot. The only way to have stability on the system is to put my GPU on the second slot.

My rig:
x670e e gaming
7700x
RTX 3080
32 GB gskill
win 11

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi vsoares1,
Did you also get Event ID 0 and the pc auto restart? or get BSOD? Does it occur when running the particular apps or in particular the scenario?
Does it only happen when the graphics card installed in PCIEX16_1 slot and there is no issue in PCIEX16_2 or PCIEX16_3 slot? Do you use riser cable?
Does it occur on bios 0705 with bios all default settings(no OC)?
Have you run memtest and fullmark/3dmard test to test ram and graphics card but there is no issue?
Thank you.

Hello Starrain,

Thanks for your quick reply. Please see my comments:

1- Yes, my PC freeze when I put my PIN and after few seconds restart.
2 - No BSOD, just freeze the Win 11 login screen.
3 - Â*Win 11 frozen when using the GPU on the PCIe 1, when using on the PCIe 2 or PCIe 3 no issues.
4 - Â*No riser cable
5 - Â*I’m using the 0705 Bios and no matter what I change or do the PC will freeze.
6 - I reinstall the SO 3 times, put another graphic card and the issue persists.
7 - I tested the memories and everything is running fine.

Â*Count on you to have this issue fixed.

Thanks.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi vsoares1,
thank you for your reply.
Did it freeze and restart every time when put your PIN at win11 login screen with GPU installed in PCIEX16_1 slot?
Looks like you cannot boot into windows desktop to check whether got Event ID 0 if the issue occurs every time?
If you change GPU to other PCIE slot and boot into windows, do you see Event ID 0 at the time which the issue happened with GPU installed in PCIEX16_1 slot?

- the brand and model name of your CPU, ram, PSU and OS drive
(Please check the specific model name of ram such as G.SKILL F4-4600C18D-16GTRG.)
- graphics driver version
- OS version and OS build

Thank you.

Hi Starrain,

Please see the information requested below:

Sent via PM
- the brand and model name of your CPU, ram, PSU and OS drive
AMD Rayzen 7700x, Gskils 32GB, Coisair 1000 W and NVME
(Please check the specific model name of ram such as G.SKILL F4-4600C18D-16GTRG.)
G.SKILL Trident Z5 Neo Series AMD EXPO 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000 (PC5 48000)
- graphics driver version
Nvidia Studio Driver 522.30
- OS version and OS build
Windows 11 PRO 22H2

Thanks!

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi vsoares1,
Thank you for your information.
Is your ram model name F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR?
Could you please also help to check the following scenario?
Did it freeze and restart every time when put your PIN at win11 login screen with GPU installed in PCIEX16_1 slot?
If you change GPU to other PCIE slot and boot into windows, do you see Event ID 0 at the time which the issue happened with GPU installed in PCIEX16_1 slot?
Thank you.