cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X670E HERO Possible GPU Issue

Bananas4Life
Level 8
I'm coming from a Z490 MSI Motherboard that I used an EVGA 3080 TI FTW3 without issue. I've been having some random crashing lately since changing over. I verified memory is good via memtest. Ran SFC, uninstalled re-installed the NVIDIA driver and also ran DISM commands, but I'm still having issues since changing to this board. I noticed one thing is it seems like the GPU doesn't "Click" in place. It's up against the glass panel pretty tight. I can verify it does look in place though because I can't remove it without pressing the release. Has anyone else experienced anything GPU wise on this board? Posting below the error I get when some of my games are crashing. I also had it BSOD as well with this bug check 0x00000119. It all seems to be pointing to Drivers, so I may end up completing a clean install of Windows. I'm running 22H2 and upgraded from 21H2.

The description for Event ID 0 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\Device\Video3
Error occurred on GPUID: 100

The message resource is present but the message was not found in the message table
30 REPLIES 30

Just to add my +1 to this, I'm getting the same issue with the X670e Hero, a 7900x and a 3090.

hwoodiwiss wrote:
Just to add my +1 to this, I'm getting the same issue with the X670e Hero, a 7900x and a 3090.

I ended up ordering the MSI X670 Ace just to see if it's an AMD or ASUS issue. I'll update this forum once I know, unfortunately it's on backorder so might need to do a bit of waiting.

huppra
Level 7
Same Error Message. I also can't watch any type of video on my second monitor with my 3090 FE installed. It doesn't matter if I install the AMD iGPU driver or not.

"The description for Event ID 0 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer. If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event. The following information was included with the event: \Device\Video13 Error occurred on GPUID: 100 The message resource is present but the message was not found in the message table"

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi Bananas4Life,
Thank you for your reply but we will need more detail about the scenario and components profile for further checking.
As you have returned the motherboard, we will check if other users can share us the following information.
- the serial number of the motherboard via pm
- bios settings
- the brand and model name of your CPU, ram, graphics card, PSU and OS drive
(Please check the specific model name of ram such as G.SKILL F4-4600C18D-16GTRG.)
- graphics driver version
- OS version and OS build
- Which apps did you run and get below error message in event viewer when app crash(app close itself) or BSOD? Did it occur every time when run the apps? How long did you run the apps and get the issue and error?(if it is random, please share us the maximum and minimum time)
- the screenshot or video if the error and issue

Thank you.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi Bananas4Life,
Thank you for your reply but we will need more detail about the scenario and components profile for further checking.
As you have returned the motherboard, we will check if other users can share us the following information.
- bios settings
(Please check the specific model name of ram such as G.SKILL F4-4600C18D-16GTRG.)
- Which apps did you run and get below error message in event viewer when app crash(app close itself) or BSOD? Did it occur every time when run the apps? How long did you run the apps and get the issue and error?(if it is random, please share us the maximum and minimum time)

Thank you.

Same issue on the x670e pro-wifi.

Windows 11 22h2
Bios 0613 loaded to default settings. No xmp/expo.
RTX 3090 FE
G.SKILL Flare X5 Series AMD EXPO 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000 Desktop Memory Model F5-6000J3238F16GX2-FX5

I could be playing Warzone on one monitor, Youtube on another monitor, and get the crash. I've both a BSOD and an instant restart with no memory dump.
Latest Geforce drivers released today, all windows updates,

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi Bananas4Life,
- bios settings

Thank you.

Unfortunately, I ended up RMA'ing the board when I contacted ASUS support back to NewEgg and went with a MSI board this time.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi Bananas4Life,
- bios settings

Thank you.

Hardware

To add some info to this, I'm using the:
- X670e Hero
- AMD Ryzen9 7900x
- 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 5600MHz DDR5 (CMT32GX5M2B5600Z36)
- MSI RTX 3090 Gaming X Trio
- Corsair 850i PSU
- Samsung 980 Pro 2TB.

Software

- GPU Driver 522.25, although had the same symptoms on the last 2 driver versions.
- Windows 11 Build 22611.675
- A big culprit/litmus test for me is Rainbow 6: Siege in Vulkan mode, it will first start artefacting on half the screen, then the driver will crash and either hard lock with a no-post on restart, or the game will crash and the driver will recover, still with error messages.

Symptoms

I Get the same GPU issue.

The description for Event ID 0 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

\Device\Video3
Resetting TDR occurred on GPUID:100

The message resource is present but the message was not found in the message table

___

I also get this issue sometimes

The description for Event ID 27 from source e2fexpress cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

Intel(R) Ethernet Controller (3) I225-V

___

This has been a bit of a bummer tbh, got this as a bit of a treat to myself, and has been kinda nothing but stress so far, especially for a nearly £700 board.

Is it also worth noting that seemingly anything that does low-level PCI queries causes full system stutters? Like HWInfo, Samsung Magician etc.

hwoodiwiss wrote:
Is it also worth noting that seemingly anything that does low-level PCI queries causes full system stutters? Like HWInfo, Samsung Magician etc.

I noticed the same thing with HWINFO, HWMonitor, even Armory Crate when I went to see my speeds. I had the same issue with the NVIDIA crash as well and the same error with the driver. I also noticed on User benchmark when I did a test it stated my GPU was underperforming. It'a almost like the PCIe slot isn't working to its full potential. I heard somewhere (I didn't test this) to manually set what generation your GPU is in the BIOS for the slot and take it off of Auto. I figured it's worth trying to change yours to Gen 4 to see if that might help with your crashes. Also, I was mostly experiencing this in Valhalla, which was the most intense game I was running. I could let Heaven benchmark and 3D Mark run for hours without it crashing so that tells me if has to be Driver/Software some type of issue with the PCie slot on these boards.

Processor: 7950X
Motherboard: ASUS HERO ROG X670E (Replaced with MSI X670 ACE, awaiting arrival)
GPU: EVGA 3080 TI FTW3
MEMORY: G.SKILL Trident Z5 Neo RGB Series AMD EXPO 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000 (PC5 48000)
PSU: EVGA 1000W P6
Cooler: 360 Phanteks AIO MPH

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi mpa4712,
How long do you play Warzone and youtube video with both monitors and get below message and BSOD or restart? Does it occur every time you play Warzone and youtube video with both monitors?
May I have the following information?
- the brand and model name of your CPU, PSU, OS drive and monitors
- Is the graphics driver version 522.25?
- Is OS build 22621.674?
- a screenshot of the message in event viewer

Thank you.

\Device\Video3
Error occurred on GPUID: 100