cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X670E HERO Possible GPU Issue

Bananas4Life
Level 8
I'm coming from a Z490 MSI Motherboard that I used an EVGA 3080 TI FTW3 without issue. I've been having some random crashing lately since changing over. I verified memory is good via memtest. Ran SFC, uninstalled re-installed the NVIDIA driver and also ran DISM commands, but I'm still having issues since changing to this board. I noticed one thing is it seems like the GPU doesn't "Click" in place. It's up against the glass panel pretty tight. I can verify it does look in place though because I can't remove it without pressing the release. Has anyone else experienced anything GPU wise on this board? Posting below the error I get when some of my games are crashing. I also had it BSOD as well with this bug check 0x00000119. It all seems to be pointing to Drivers, so I may end up completing a clean install of Windows. I'm running 22H2 and upgraded from 21H2.

The description for Event ID 0 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\Device\Video3
Error occurred on GPUID: 100

The message resource is present but the message was not found in the message table
30 REPLIES 30

cp_thebrick
Level 7
Not the same motherboard (X670E Gene), but I had the same experience with installing GPU.
It didn't seem to click in anymore even though the locking mechanism engages. They rather went in smoothly without any satisfying click or feel of engaging anything or bottoming out, which was a bit odd.

I've upgraded from 5800X3D + X570 system and I've started regretting upgrading this early on when the platform is brand new. There's been crashing, stuttering, slow boot and slow initial system loading every boot.

Soupladel
Level 10
Bananas4Life wrote:
I'm coming from a Z490 MSI Motherboard that I used an EVGA 3080 TI FTW3 without issue. I've been having some random crashing lately since changing over. I verified memory is good via memtest. Ran SFC, uninstalled re-installed the NVIDIA driver and also ran DISM commands, but I'm still having issues since changing to this board. I noticed one thing is it seems like the GPU doesn't "Click" in place. It's up against the glass panel pretty tight. I can verify it does look in place though because I can't remove it without pressing the release. Has anyone else experienced anything GPU wise on this board? Posting below the error I get when some of my games are crashing. I also had it BSOD as well with this bug check 0x00000119. It all seems to be pointing to Drivers, so I may end up completing a clean install of Windows. I'm running 22H2 and upgraded from 21H2.

The description for Event ID 0 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

\Device\Video3

The message resource is present but the message was not found in the message table

What version of the BIOS are you on?

i had random resets but it seems it was related to the RAM i have and the BIOS version because since i went onto 0705 i havent had a single crash/reset yet.

Also which glass panel are you referring to?

Soupladel wrote:
What version of the BIOS are you on?

i had random resets but it seems it was related to the RAM i have and the BIOS version because since i went onto 0705 i haven't had a single crash/reset yet.

Also which glass panel are you referring to?

Might not be glass but plastic near the SATA ports on the Motherboard. So, this morning I updated to 0705 and received a B4 error, cleared CMOS and error went away. Completed a clean install of 22H2 but then received a BSOD The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000116. Which looked to be related to drivers. I then installed Armory Crate and completed Driver and Windows Updates and haven't had another crash related to graphics again. I ran Heaven Benchmark and gamed for about an hour on Valhalla. I'll continue to test and see if additional issues return or if it's resolved now.

One thing that I have not installed yet is HWINFO64. Is anyone else able to use this monitoring? I typically use it for monitoring temps and processing speeds etc... I'm wondering if it might of caused my issue because I noticed quite a bit of latency when launching HWINFO64.

Bananas4Life wrote:
One thing that I have not installed yet is HWINFO64. Is anyone else able to use this monitoring? I typically use it for monitoring temps and processing speeds etc... I'm wondering if it might of caused my issue because I noticed quite a bit of latency when launching HWINFO64.

I suspect the problems we have with HWInfo are to do with the way it queries the PICE Bus. I also got a warning message when i first installed it about a sensor it detected but can cause system instability if it tries, so i told it not to bother monitoring it but i am hoping a future version of HWInfo might resolve this.

As an aside, i also get a similar latency if i use HWMonitor

I just had another crash this morning after updating to BIOS 0705 and doing a clean install of 22H2. I actually thought it might be HWINFO so I just left it uninstalled this time, but still having crashing while playing certain games. I can let Heaven Benchmark and 3D mark run for hours and no crash. Below is what I'm seeing in Event Viewer.

\Device\Video3

I'm having the exact same issue my side on the X670E Hero. I swapped my SSD (so exact same OS) and GPU to my old Intel system and it's running no problem. So it's definately something up with the new platform.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Bananas4Life wrote:

\Device\Video3

Hi all,
Does the issue occur when run the specific apps and get below error message in event viewer when app crash(app close itself) or BSOD?
Which apps did you run and have the issue? Did it occur every time when run the apps? How long did you run the apps and get the issue and error?
Do you have the issue on 0705 with bios all default settings(no OC)?
Thank you.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi all,
Does the issue occur when run the specific apps and get below error message in event viewer when app crash(app close itself) or BSOD?
Which apps did you run and have the issue? Did it occur every time when run the apps? How long did you run the apps and get the issue and error?
Do you have the issue on 0705 with bios all default settings(no OC)?
Thank you.

I was having it with multiple apps. It almost seems like something was throttling or hindering the board to work to its fullest potential. I ended up returning the board, but I noticed artifacts when just browsing edge and my PC rebooting randomly as if it lost power. I noticed it when play AC Valhalla but have no issues taking my GPU out and playing it on a Z490 motherboard. What I thought was almost insane was, when I would be playing certain games with the same resolution and same graphics settings, I was performing worse on a 7950X with a 3080 TI than I was on a 10700K and 2080 Super. It almost seems like there's something wrong with the PCIe slot because no more how many times I attempted to install my GPU into the pcie slot it never clicked like it was connected. It also very loose like the card wasn't stable which I've never experienced on any other motherboard.