Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X670E-E wont post/boot reliably.

Level 7
Hey all,

I built this PC in December as a novice, after saving for a "dream computer." The dream didn't materialize. I am not an expert, or even moderately knowledgeable person, when it comes to PC building, so please be patient while reading:

I have been experiencing this problem continuously until the latest BIOS flash which aggravated the problem more severely. Previous, 3 power cycles would result in a successful boot. This is no longer the case, as of the latest BIOS update.

Description of problem:

When booting from a cold/dark state, the PC hangs while posting. A motherboard Q-Code of "00" displays with a constant yellow DRAM D-light. The only option is to recycle the power. perhaps 25% of the time the system will then cycle and boot into windows without further issue. The other 75% of the time, the system will post into safe mode. No changes will be made to the bios, and a save/restart results in a boot to windows 25% of the time (again.) The other 75% of the time it results in a restart with code 00 as listed above.

after the latest Bios update, I now receive Q-code 36, with a CPU (RED) LED light after the computer restarts from posting in safe mode.

I generally power-cycle the system until I am able to hit the normal-boot jackpot.

Fixes attempted:

-deselect EXPO I/II. -Deselected AI Overclocking -Memory Diagnostic tool finds no memory faults. -CMOS reset. -Swapped position/re-seated the 2 ram modules physically -Updated BIOS -Heavy Swearing -Crying into my hands in frustration after spending thousands on a PC at micro-center that I can only use when the gods decide.

I am in way over my head here, so I am just reaching out to the community for any support you might be able to offer. Thanks in advance.

System Components:

Case: Fractal Meshify 2

PSU: Corsair HX1200

Operating system: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro (10.0, Build 22621)

Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 7950X 16-Core Processor 16/32

Cooling: NZXT - Kraken Z73 360MM

Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX X670E-E GAMING WIFI

RAM: 32 GB G.Skill Flare X5 Series F5-6000J3636F16GX2-FX5

m2 Samsung SSD 980 PRO 1TB

m2 disk2: Samsung SSD 990 PRO 2TB

m2 PCIe SSD 4 TB

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 (24.0 GB)

VR: HPN HPN36C1 (2880x1440 / 4.8 Inch)

Monitor: AOC AG493UG7R4

Customer Service Agent
Hello, dark_water_ .

The CPU LED light is always on after booting, which indicates no CPU or a faulty CPU.
Please refer to the link below to re-install the CPU or check for the CPU pins.
It is also recommended that you test with minimal components, isolating the possible cause.
Please refer to the link below to confirm the Common Q-CODE (Error CODE) and Troubleshooting if needed.

Thank you.

Level 8

Were you able to find any solution? I have the exact same problem.

Level 7

hi, is there any solution to this, I have the same problem on ASUS TUF x670E with 7800X3D - mainly the first cold boot in the morning doesn't POST, screens stay black, vents and leds are running, the QLED is solid red on CPU (I have tried reseating the CPU and unplugging/plugging all of the PSU cables)

each subsequent boot works as expected and the system is completely stable, nothing overclocked as BIOS is all default

I guess Asus left us alone on this. So weird tho....I tried turning on PBO as well ; and no problems....So i dont think there is anything defective there...

so turning on PBO solved this issue for you?

Level 8

No ; what i mean is ; stability wise i dont have any problems ; like zero and i game on HPg2 with heavy CPU load games like Asetto corsa in VR with FUll epic and game on 120hz 4k with zero issues. I was afraid to turn on PBO ; but i did yesterday still no problem....So unless i soft reboot the PC i have zero issues.