cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows11 Realtek sound drivers are problematic.

gkhann
Level 8
Hi, Looks like games on windows11 cause sound problems
While playing PUBG, sound suddenly decreases and amplify disappears in the Realtek control panel.

Motherboard: ROG Strix Z390-F
Realtek Drivers: Official-6.0.8960.1, Official-6.0.9244.1, Unofficial-6.0.9336.1

Here some screenshots of problem

Before PUBG

after

12 REPLIES 12

akgis_
Level 10
I have exactly the same probleam, which is very annoying since I shudown my PC daily and every time I start windows I have to set it as my 3.5mm headphones need some amplification

Z690 hero, Windows 11 all upgraded.

Driver details, and Realtek Control Panel version in the image bellow

cuentaaaa12
Level 7
We've been discussing about this here: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?127277-A-volute-and-Nahimic-stuff-not-getting-fetched-auto...
I sent them the info needed, I hope we get a fix soon.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi akgis_,
Is amplify level vanishing when you open the specific games?
Does it occur on bios 1403 with bios all default settings?
Is amplify level back after switch the front panel setting from front speaker out and than to 3.5mm headphones you use?
Does it also occur when you install the Realtek USB Audio Driver V6.3.9600.2307 from our support site?
https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/rog-maximus/rog-maximus-z690-hero-model/helpdesk_download
Thank you.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi gkhann,
Does it occur on bios 2004 with bios all default settings?
Is amplify level back after switch the front panel setting from front speaker out and than to speaker?
Thank you.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi gkhann,
Does it occur on bios 2004 with bios all default settings?
Is amplify level back after switch the front panel setting from front speaker out and than to speaker?
Thank you.

Hello,

1. Is amplify level vanishing when you open the specific games? -- Yes
2. Does it occur on bios 2004 with bios all default settings? -- Yes
3. Is amplify level back after switch the front panel setting from front speaker out and than to speaker? -- Yes

In addition
Some games runing without problem. ( Death Stranding, God of War, Doom Eternal ) So an anti-cheat software could be causing this issue

gkhann wrote:
Hello,

1. Is amplify level vanishing when you open the specific games? -- Yes
2. Does it occur on bios 2004 with bios all default settings? -- Yes
3. Is amplify level back after switch the front panel setting from front speaker out and than to speaker? -- Yes

In addition
Some games runing without problem. ( Death Stranding, God of War, Doom Eternal ) So an anti-cheat software could be causing this issue

PUBG uses BattleEye anticheat I think, I have the same problem with Conan Exiles which uses the same anticheat.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi gkhann,
Which headphones or speakers and which I/O port do you plugged in when amplify level vanishing?
May I have the following information?
- the serial number of the motherboard via PM
- the brand and the model name of your CPU, RAM, graphics card, OS SSD, PSU, pc case and headphones/speakers
(Please check the specific model name of the RAM such as G.SKILL F4-3600C19D-16GSXK)
- OS version and OS build such as win11 21H2 22000.469
Thank you so much.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi gkhann,
Which headphones or speakers and which I/O port do you plugged in when amplify level vanishing?
May I have the following information?
- the serial number of the motherboard via PM
- the brand and the model name of your CPU, RAM, graphics card, OS SSD, PSU, pc case and headphones/speakers
(Please check the specific model name of the RAM such as G.SKILL F4-3600C19D-16GSXK)
- OS version and OS build such as win11 21H2 22000.469
Thank you so much.

Hi,
Sure, i sent all info via PM

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi gkhann,
Thank you for your info.
I'll consult our tech team more about this.