cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will ASUS release BIOS update for AMD FTPM Stutter to ROG laptop ?

ZiliNate
Level 8
My laptop model is Strix scar 2021 G733QS R7+3080.

I have been waiting for so long since last year about stuttering problem (screen stutter , robotic sound crack). I found this topics on Reddit which has the same problem as mine.
https://www.reddit.com/r/ASUSROG/comments/n8kvc5/random_freezesstutters_on_asus_rog_strix_scar_17/

Try many solution to solve it but not work at all , at first I think that I got a defective product but after a while I heard that AMD announced that is a bug from FTPM and it will be fix on early may .

AMD also give an advise to disable FTPM before getting bios update that will be launch on May.I also know that on other laptop they have an option to disable FTPM (for ex. Lenovo Legion )but I don't know why on ASUS laptop there's no option for disable FTPM.

Now I saw that MB on PC already got beta bios update for AGESA 1.2.0.7 since early may but on the ASUS laptop still ain't. I hope that BIOS update will release soon.

Official problem source from AMD
https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-410

Example of stuttering
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHx3ksG0eqg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYnRL-x6DVI
14 REPLIES 14

ZiliNate
Level 8
hey any update ? , ASUS
don't ignoring this issue on laptop pls.

Hamstray
Level 7
Hello, I've been trying to get answers from ASUS folks on ZenTalk for ages now, but someone suggested I could try here as well, so here goes.

When does ASUS plan to release BIOS updates for Laptops that have AMD CPUs so as to fix the AMD fTPM stutter issue and also give us the ability to disable fTPM? It's really aggravating how desktop users are both allowed to disable the faulty fTPM and are being given the fix ASAP while us laptop users that can't disable it aren't even given a timeframe as to when we can expect to recieve the fix.

Hamstray wrote:
Hello, I've been trying to get answers from ASUS folks on ZenTalk for ages now, but someone suggested I could try here as well, so here goes.

When does ASUS plan to release BIOS updates for Laptops that have AMD CPUs so as to fix the AMD fTPM stutter issue and also give us the ability to disable fTPM? It's really aggravating how desktop users are both allowed to disable the faulty fTPM and are being given the fix ASAP while us laptop users that can't disable it aren't even given a timeframe as to when we can expect to recieve the fix.

Hello Hamstray,

I've been reading and checking your post on zentalk for last couple of weeks now. I could clearly see Asus Support don't give a damn to our "fTPM" problem. I've been also suffering from this problem since I bought my laptop last year. G17 Ryzen 5900HX and Nvidia 3070. I too wish have the option to disable this root of the problem but they key insisting there "ARE" other cause on this micro stuttering even though AMD already confirm that it was the cause. If they couldn't provide a fix or ability to disable "fTPM" so are we just gonna suffer for good this micro stuttering? If only we could let somebody do a legal action against ASUS for failing to provide satisfactory fix or answer to our known and confirm problem.

Same issue here, specifically after fresh restart.

Falcon2_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hamstray wrote:

As previously answered in the Zentalk, there may be many reasons for the stutters, including ssd, ram, cpu...,etc. We need to confirm the actual situation you are experiencing before we can know the reason. We sincerely hope that you can go to our service center to have further inspection. Sorry for any inconvenience it may cause. Thank you for your continuous support and patronage to ASUS.

Falcon@ROG wrote:
As previously answered in the Zentalk, there may be many reasons for the stutters, including ssd, ram, cpu...,etc. We need to confirm the actual situation you are experiencing before we can know the reason. We sincerely hope that you can go to our service center to have further inspection. Sorry for any inconvenience it may cause. Thank you for your continuous support and patronage to ASUS.

Seriously? How much testing do you want? AMD already admitted that those micro stutters are cause fTPM. Just give as the option to disable it. I've suffering from these problem since last year. Every day, I check My Asus App for any bios update but until now nothing nor news for future patches for these problem.

Even playing youtube we still suffer micro stuttering. Come on, YOUTUBE! Its YOUTUBE! Ryzen 5900HX with no additional program running.

Ok so if we send our units on Service Centers that you "REALLY" wanna do. After weeks of waiting they just send it back to use telling us that there is no problem with the unit/s. Tell me, can you or will you pay us for wasting our time for sending and waiting for non-promising option to us.

All we ask is to ability or option to disable fTPM via BIOS. Not everybody is keen on upgrading to Win11 yet. ITS OUR purchased product from you. You have at least a responsibility to provide fixes to your products because this is clearly not an insulated case. Everybody is suffering micro stutter especially laptop that comes with Ryzen CPU. Maybe some or mostly of people choose to quietly wait for the fix but some minority are eager be heard. Imagine we are playing ESPORTS, then micro stutter destroy the match because of these prevailing problem but you ASUS choose to ignore because for you we just are minority.

Falcon@ROG wrote:

I'm very tired of your refusal to answer the actual question of when ASUS will release the BIOS update to fix the fTPM issue and allow us to disable fTPM for our laptops and instead continue to distract by claiming maybe my laptop specifically is suffering from something else. I don't care. It doesn't matter. I'm asking about the BIOS update. You know that. You're deliberately wasting time.

I can't think of a single reason for you to keep doing this unless ASUS in fact is just planning to throw all AMD laptop users under the bus and let us suffer these micro-stutters that we'll never be able to convince ASUS tech support is caused by the fTPM because they have an invested interest in not accepting it.

GenusMig
Level 8
They dont give a sh*t on that. There is a thread requesting to disable ftpm but they will give a lot of bs to deny thats it is ftpm related issue.

CRJ84
Level 9
Any one have some news on this one? 🙂