cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What should I do about this customer service nightmare?

Jackson-M
Level 7
Hello, I made this account specifically to talk about my interactions with this company. I had purchased the ROG Zephyrus M16 GU603-HM for the full price of $1,850 before tax, from Best Buy and was really excited to use the laptop. This was an enormous mistake. I got it before my second year in college studying civil engineering hoping that it would replace my 10 year old laptop and make school a lot smoother with it. A little while after I received it, I noticed that there was some glitch with the screen where it would flicker black when unplugged and not switch refresh rates but which didn’t bother me as I knew I had a warranty and could just get it quickly repaired. I was wrong. I went through the whole RMA process and finally got it shipped to get repaired. Around a week later I get an email requesting a payment of around $300 due to “physical damages” which I didn’t cause and was furious because I didn’t have the laptop for too long at all and kept it in prestige condition. I only had a video of it from a couple days before but that wasn’t adequate proof, so after a long dispute, I finally payed it with %15 off, as I desperately needed it for school. I was very unhappy with the service because I got blatantly scammed by a massive company. I decided to put it besides me as I know there wasn’t much I could do and just accept the repair. Then I got it back and after a short period of time, the same problem came back. I was very mad at this point as I payed them for nothing and on top of that, my laptop didn’t even fully get repaired. I remember asking for a replacement but was told that it had to be inadequately repaired twice for a replacement device to even enter the picture. I couldn’t believe what I had just heard, it takes 2 failed repairs to even consider a replacement device? I’m not one of those people to yell at customer service but I was just shocked at how horrible it was. Anyways, I just tried to ignore it and go through with the RMA process again, sending in the device and paying for the packing… again. Well this is the last of this nightmare right? Wrong. I get the laptop back and the speakers are broken, then the next day the SAME problem happens AGAIN. I knew to keep my standards low for this customer service, so I just asked for a replacement which I finally got approved, but noticed that this “replacement” wasn’t a new laptop but just a “recertified” one. I couldn’t believe they tried to scam me again. My laptop was new when it was broken and I didn’t want to lose any money due to their mistakes of giving me a clearly faulty laptop. I requested a new one but was denied. I then had to email the CEOs office at ASUS to speak to someone who spoke to me on the phone and who was nice, but I had to specifically ask the question “How do I receive a new laptop, not a recertified one, to which she told me after THREE faulty repairs it can be considered. I was in awe that this information was so tightly held against me and I had to ask an extremely specific question to get that answer. I then chose the repair option but finally just received an email yesterday that the parts weren’t available and that I was going to be given a follow up email giving me options on a replacement, basically forcing me to take the replacement. I assume this is because they want to avoid giving me a new laptop because they know mine is faulty and was faulty from the start. I am honestly surprised how horrible this customer service was and has been. The best they have done for me was give me %15 off of a repair which the damage wasn’t caused by me. I am doing research to see if any of this is legal. I want to also say that I have been polite to every single customer service representative as I don’t believe yelling at them would do me any good, but maybe I was wrong. This has been going on for about 6 or 7 months through around 100-200 emails, starting before December which I’m almost positive I have every single one. Please let me know if you there’s anything I can do, if I have any options this is my last resort against getting scammed by this company. Sorry for the poor grammar, I’m writing this on my phone because my laptops in the shop… thanks.
1 REPLY 1

cl-Adrian
Level 8
Jackson-M wrote:
Hello, I made this account specifically to talk about my interactions with this company. I had purchased the ROG Zephyrus M16 GU603-HM for the full price of $1,850 before tax, from Best Buy and was really excited to use the laptop. This was an enormous mistake. I got it before my second year in college studying civil engineering hoping that it would replace my 10 year old laptop and make school a lot smoother with it. A little while after I received it, I noticed that there was some glitch with the screen where it would flicker black when unplugged and not switch refresh rates but which didn’t bother me as I knew I had a warranty and could just get it quickly repaired. I was wrong. I went through the whole RMA process and finally got it shipped to get repaired. Around a week later I get an email requesting a payment of around $300 due to “physical damages� which I didn’t cause and was furious because I didn’t have the laptop for too long at all and kept it in prestige condition. I only had a video of it from a couple days before but that wasn’t adequate proof, so after a long dispute, I finally payed it with %15 off, as I desperately needed it for school. I was very unhappy with the service because I got blatantly scammed by a massive company. I decided to put it besides me as I know there wasn’t much I could do and just accept the repair. Then I got it back and after a short period of time, the same problem came back. I was very mad at this point as I payed them for nothing and on top of that, my laptop didn’t even fully get repaired. I remember asking for a replacement but was told that it had to be inadequately repaired twice for a replacement device to even enter the picture. I couldn’t believe what I had just heard, it takes 2 failed repairs to even consider a replacement device? I’m not one of those people to yell at customer service but I was just shocked at how horrible it was. Anyways, I just tried to ignore it and go through with the RMA process again, sending in the device and paying for the packing… again. Well this is the last of this nightmare right? Wrong. I get the laptop back and the speakers are broken, then the next day the SAME problem happens AGAIN. I knew to keep my standards low for this customer service, so I just asked for a replacement which I finally got approved, but noticed that this “replacement� wasn’t a new laptop but just a “recertified� one. I couldn’t believe they tried to scam me again. My laptop was new when it was broken and I didn’t want to lose any money due to their mistakes of giving me a clearly faulty laptop. I requested a new one but was denied. I then had to email the CEOs office at ASUS to speak to someone who spoke to me on the phone and who was nice, but I had to specifically ask the question “How do I receive a new laptop, not a recertified one, to which she told me after THREE faulty repairs it can be considered. I was in awe that this information was so tightly held against me and I had to ask an extremely specific question to get that answer. I then chose the repair option but finally just received an email yesterday that the parts weren’t available and that I was going to be given a follow up email giving me options on a replacement, basically forcing me to take the replacement. I assume this is because they want to avoid giving me a new laptop because they know mine is faulty and was faulty from the start. I am honestly surprised how horrible this customer service was and has been. The best they have done for me was give me %15 off of a repair which the damage wasn’t caused by me. I am doing research to see if any of this is legal. I want to also say that I have been polite to every single customer service representative as I don’t believe yelling at them would do me any good, but maybe I was wrong. This has been going on for about 6 or 7 months through around 100-200 emails, starting before December which I’m almost positive I have every single one. Please let me know if you there’s anything I can do, if I have any options this is my last resort against getting scammed by this company. Sorry for the poor grammar, I’m writing this on my phone because my laptops in the shop… thanks.

My name is Adrian from the ASUS Customer Loyalty Team here at our North America Corporate Office. If you would allow, I would be more than glad to help provide resolution to this case. Please email me with the below details so I can work with related personnel to get this straightened out.

Product S/N:
RMA #:
Complete Shipping Address:
Full name:
Phone#:
Email:

My email is cl-adrian@asus.com.: