cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vbios V3 3090 Strix No Display

sookainian
Level 8
I just upgrade my vbios to the latest version with resizable bar.

My motherboard is Z490 I gaming. I've also updated to the latest bios version 2005.

But after enabling resizable bar in bios, now I'm having issue is there is no display output at all even on boot.

Can anyone explain how to solve this ?

CMS is disable if you're wondering...
27 REPLIES 27

Unfortunately, every method I have tried to downgrade my Rog Strix Z490-G Wifi motherboard from bios 2005 down to BIOS 1003 does not work.

BIOS flashback is not working. Renamed BIOS .CAP file correctly, USB stick formatted FAT32, tried different USB stick, redownloaded BIOS, checked BIOS hash/checksum.. to no avail. Also tried downgrading via Qflash, and I always get a "not a proper BIOS" message. I tried every available BIOS image for the Rog Strix Z490-G Wifi, all the way down to version 0607, and I get the "Not a proper BIOS" message for each one.

As a result, for some reason I am stuck on version 2005, for which ReBAR is not working, as others have noticed as well.

ASUS, please fix bios 2005, or find out why I cannot downgrade my BIOS anymore?

Rahzadan wrote:
Unfortunately, every method I have tried to downgrade my Rog Strix Z490-G Wifi motherboard from bios 2005 down to BIOS 1003 does not work.

BIOS flashback is not working. Renamed BIOS .CAP file correctly, USB stick formatted FAT32, tried different USB stick, redownloaded BIOS, checked BIOS hash/checksum.. to no avail. Also tried downgrading via Qflash, and I always get a "not a proper BIOS" message. I tried every available BIOS image for the Rog Strix Z490-G Wifi, all the way down to version 0607, and I get the "Not a proper BIOS" message for each one.

As a result, for some reason I am stuck on version 2005, for which ReBAR is not working, as others have noticed as well.

ASUS, please fix bios 2005, or find out why I cannot downgrade my BIOS anymore?

I believe you didn't plug the USB to the flash port and press the rear button.... there wont be any message shown.... it just LED light flashing

sookainian wrote:
I believe you didn't plug the USB to the flash port and press the rear button.... there wont be any message shown.... it just LED light flashing

I know how BIOS flashback works 🙂 If there is a problem, the LED goes from flashing to solid a few seconds after you press it. If it's working, it continues to flash then turns OFF. I did everything. Tried several USB drives, Formatted FAT32, BIOS correctly named, correct port on Motherboard.

BIOS flashback is not working on any BIOS revisions other than the newest for me on the ROG Strix Z490-G Wifi

If I use BIOS 2005 (so going from 2005-->2005)n then flashback works, but I cannot downgrade...

In addition, if I try to upgrade using EZFlash, I can also go from 2005 to 2005.. It says 2005 is a valid BIOS, but no versions below it are valid.

sookainian wrote:

The black screen issue after vbios update and rebar enable is caused by the motherboard bios 2005.

DONT USE BIOS VERSION 2005

Ok. After further troubleshooting, I was FINALLY able to downgrade to BIOS 1003 using the Flashback tool. For some reason, I had to do a FULL format on the USB stick. No "quick format", despite all being FAT32, would work.

ReBAR is now working as intended on 1003.

I CAN CONFIRM THAT ReBAR IS BROKEN ON BIOS 2005

Rahzadan wrote:
Ok. After further troubleshooting, I was FINALLY able to downgrade to BIOS 1003 using the Flashback tool. For some reason, I had to do a FULL format on the USB stick. No "quick format", despite all being FAT32, would work.

ReBAR is now working as intended on 1003.

I CAN CONFIRM THAT ReBAR IS BROKEN ON BIOS 2005

Cheers ! :cool:

Asus still dare to say bios v2005 " improve ReSizable BAR compatibility for NVIDIA RTX30 series graphics cards".... more like the other way round....

Blake1
Level 10
Dear all,
We are aware of the issue with BIOS 2005 when using 30 series display card.
New BIOS will be released soon.
If you have further concern about this, please PM me your product SN and further detail.
Thank you so much for your feedback.

Blake@ROG wrote:
Dear all,
We are aware of the issue with BIOS 2005 when using 30 series display card.
New BIOS will be released soon.
If you have further concern about this, please PM me your product SN and further detail.
Thank you so much for your feedback.

When will the new BIOS be released ?

anyone tried bios 2103 and gpu v4 ?