cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V3 BIOS Rog Strix RTX 3090

JronMasteR
Level 9
No Video Output after the update. Just got it back working by switching from Q mode to P mode.
Thanks a lot ASUS
23 REPLIES 23

JronMasteR
Level 9
Ok soo, even if you Z390 motherboard does support resizable bar, the ASUS BIOS does not support it.
If you have this issue, disable it via BIOS and the card is working again.
Very disappointing...

Edit: After someone on the Videocardz comments told me, turn CSM support off, then it works

sookainian
Level 8
JronMasteR wrote:
Do not update, the new firmware just bricked my card. No Video Output after the update. Just got it back working by switching from Q mode to P mode.
Thanks a lot ASUS

Does it mean after the V3 Bios update we cannot run in Q mode anymore ?

I just did an update and i'm having the same issue as you, no video output on Q mode why ?

My motherboard is Z490 I gaming and i've update the motherboard bios to Version 2005. My bios CSM is already turn off by defult. But still showing no video output...

yesterday I noticed that asus support made available the new bios v3 for the strix rtx 3090 OC, as soon as you wrote about the problems you had with the bios update, I checked from home and it had been taken off downloads. Today I saw that it was made available again. do you think it's been corrected? I would like to avoid updating and having problems. as for the z490 platform I have a maximus xii formula and the bios remained at the 2004 version, do you think it is necessary to wait for the bios for the motherboard too?

so updating to the bios v3 in slot 1 of the bios, makes the card unusable?

sookainian wrote:
Does it mean after the V3 Bios update we cannot run in Q mode anymore ?

Both VBIOS need to be flashed to V3 in order for REBAR to be enabled on both modes.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

JronMasteR
Level 9
I was a bit hasty yesterday. For me, after figuring out what the root cause was, the BIOS update seems to be fine.
You need to flash both modes separately, Q Mode and P Mode.

Make sure to disable reBAR in your Bios before you flash, otherwise you may have the black screen issue.
After the GPU Bios is flashed, enter your MOBO Bios and MAKE SURE that CSM is disabled (thanks to Toaster on Videocardz). Otherwise you won't get Video once reBAR is enabled.
At least this is the case on Gigabyte Z390 boards.

reBAR is now working for me With Strix 3090 and Z390 Aorus Xtreme

Cheers

I have a rtx 3090 strix oc and a mobo z490 formula with bios already updated to the 2004 version. tonight I will try to get into the bios, disable the CSM and the BAR, update the drivers to the latest version. I try to flash the GPU bios to the V3 and reboot the BAR and see, I hope I have no problems.

spykeer
Level 7
I Got The SAME PROBLEM !!!!

I Had Resizable BAR ON before the update.
I'm on the latest BIOS Version for Crosshair VIII Hero (The last version who solve the USB AMD Issues)
I have the latest NVIDIA Drivers
I was on P Profile Mode

I close all applications 3D anything...

I open the RTX3090_V3.Exe
The tool updates it, and at the END > Full black screens
I wait 10 min, and shutdown properly with one little press ON/OFF button.
And i can't boot after that.
Mobo was stuck in 97 Q-Code > "Console Output Devices Connect"

I tried to change the profile to Q MODE on the GPU.
I can now boot, but once on Windows, no more Nvidia Panel loaded, and others screens black, i found the GPU on the Windows Devices manager was Disabled... I enabled it, now others screens works and nvidia Panel, but Only in Q-MODE.

I tried many configurations (Resizable BAR OFF / 4G Decoding OFF / 10 bit Tag OFF / Default BIOS Settings) Every time, when i'm in the P Mode (which is updated with V3.exe) the PC Won't boot !

Help me pls ! What can i do now....

Why no Readme/Todo with this tool preventing all theses ! If it was writed somewhere, i could put Resizable bar off before updating !!

spykeer wrote:
I Got The SAME PROBLEM !!!!

I Had Resizable BAR ON before the update.
I'm on the latest BIOS Version for Crosshair VIII Hero (The last version who solve the USB AMD Issues)
I have the latest NVIDIA Drivers
I was on P Profile Mode

I close all applications 3D anything...

I open the RTX3090_V3.Exe
The tool updates it, and at the END > Full black screens
I wait 10 min, and shutdown properly with one little press ON/OFF button.
And i can't boot after that.
Mobo was stuck in 97 Q-Code > "Console Output Devices Connect"

I tried to change the profile to Q MODE on the GPU.
I can now boot, but once on Windows, no more Nvidia Panel loaded, and others screens black, i found the GPU on the Windows Devices manager was Disabled... I enabled it, now others screens works and nvidia Panel, but Only in Q-MODE.

I tried many configurations (Resizable BAR OFF / 4G Decoding OFF / 10 bit Tag OFF / Default BIOS Settings) Every time, when i'm in the P Mode (which is updated with V3.exe) the PC Won't boot !

Help me pls ! What can i do now....

Why no Readme/Todo with this tool preventing all theses ! If it was writed somewhere, i could put Resizable bar off before updating !!

Im also having the same problem as you.

I did the same steps as you did. And now my P mode cant boot and just black screen. BIOS CSM is disable by default and rebar Enable....

spykeer
Level 7
Oh man! What a mess!!!

But! Hey! I get it done! I'm actually booted on Performance Mode with the ReBAR Patch, and Resizable BAR ON in the Nvidia control panel !

I don't know if u have to do everything i done, but try it !

Need to comeback to Quiet Mode VBIOS2 to be able to boot
Disabling the card in device manager
Switching when Windows is loaded to Performance Mode VBIOS1
Protectoff the card with nvflash64
Found an Old BIOS in TechPowerUP VGS BIOS Collection
Flash an old Bios in CMD with nvflash64
Go TO MB BIOS Disabling Above 4G Decoding
Go TO MB BIOS Disabling PCI-e 10 bit tag Support
Go TO MB BIOS Disabling Re-Size Bar Support
Go TO MB BIOS Disabling SR-IOV Support
Go TO MB BIOS Disabling 'another config that i don't remember the name'
Boot to Windows
Re-downloading the Tool ResizableBAR from Asus
Check SHA256 of it if it match the announced SHA256
Stay the GPU in disabled in Windows Device Manager
Launch the ReBAR tool of Asus but w8 in the first dialogBox
Exiting all programs including explorer.exe
Continue the launch of the reBAR Tool
Ending the tool properly with a Reboot
Boot to Windows to Enable the Card With the Disabled MB BIOS ResizableBAR Configs
Try if the card works once Enabled in Windows Device Manager.
Leave it Enabled.
Shutdown
Boot to BIOS
Go TO MB BIOS Enabling Above 4G Decoding
Go TO MB BIOS Enabling PCI-e 10 bit tag Support
Go TO MB BIOS Enabling Re-Size Bar Support
Go TO MB BIOS Enabling SR-IOV Support
Go TO MB BIOS Enabling 'another config that i don't remember the name'
Boot to Windows.
Check in the Nvidia Control Panel > Help > System Info : If you have resizable BAR enabled
SUCCESS.

When i used nvflash to flashback, it says me the last Flash was corrupted ! So i'm sure it's the main problem here.

Good luck guy, i stay in touch here.