cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updated Z590-E BIOS and now I got a lot of problems.

16hypen3sp
Level 7
Hey all, hoping you can help me out.

I updated my mobo BIOS to the latest version. It went well until it went to reboot normally.

It rebooted but I had no display. I tried again and still nothing. So I switched to integrated graphics and that got me into Windows normally. I looked for my 3080TI in device manager and it was gone. Tried downloading drivers from nvidia but it gives me an error when checking compatibility.

I found a thread online that said to shutdown the computer, remove power, wait, hook back up and restart. I tried that but now I can't get into Windows. I get stuck on the ROG splash screen.

Anyone have any words of wisdom? Thanks. *
31 REPLIES 31

Alright tried again. Cleaned with DDU. Restarted the system. Was able to start the driver installation.

It freezes AGAIN halfway while installing the driver.

FFS!

16hypen3sp wrote:
I got back into Windows. Used DDU again. Cleaned it. But the GPU is totally gone now. I can't do anything with the driver install process. It gives me the same error as my OP... checking for compatibility.

Not sure where to go from here. GPU is totally paperweight lol.

Take a break. Come back after fresher. I dont use DDU never needed it. There is probably a device to delete in device manager. Repeat actions as first time except no ddu. Much preferred is nvidia clean install.

Jimbo93 wrote:
Take a break. Come back after fresher. I dont use DDU never needed it. There is probably a device to delete in device manager. Repeat actions as first time except no ddu. Much preferred is nvidia clean install.

at some point it may help to run following command as administrator in command prompt session:
Sfc /scannow.

Jimbo93 wrote:
at some point it may help to run following command as administrator in command prompt session:
Sfc /scannow.

and I would reset bios defaults again.

Jimbo93 wrote:
Sfc /scannow.

I'm trying to flash back to the BIOS I had before, so far it's going ok. I don't know if this will fix it tho.Â*

Thanks for your help tho. I really appreciate it. Â*

16hypen3sp wrote:
I'm trying to flash back to the BIOS I had before, so far it's going ok. I don't know if this will fix it tho.Â*

Thanks for your help tho. I really appreciate it. Â*

not a problem. I am just now starting an upgrade to win 11. I did take a disc image backup first. Wish me luck.

Jimbo93 wrote:
not a problem. I am just now starting an upgrade to win 11. I did take a disc image backup first. Wish me luck.

I got the BIOS rolled back and the display drivers installed successfully. Shut down and put HDMI out from 3080Ti. Restarted but it boots up very slowly. Hangs on Q-code 96 for a long time. Eventually goes to AO code.Â*

No display tho. Â*

16hypen3sp wrote:
I got the BIOS rolled back and the display drivers installed successfully. Shut down and put HDMI out from 3080Ti. Restarted but it boots up very slowly. Hangs on Q-code 96 for a long time. Eventually goes to AO code.Â*

No display tho. Â*
are you resetting bios default AFTER the bios flash? That is pretty important.

Jimbo93 wrote:
are you resetting bios default AFTER the bios flash? That is pretty important.

Yes. Reset to default and it did a reboot. Â*I'm going to have to get a tech involved with this. I'm out of ideas.

16hypen3sp wrote:
Yes. Reset to default and it did a reboot. Â*I'm going to have to get a tech involved with this. I'm out of ideas.

in situations like this two possibilities. Hardware problem or windows corruption. Hardware can be tested a little outside independent of windows. If gpu do not display post and bios then look to that asus video troubleshooter. You might check if a bios setting to force video on pcie not integrated. Got video now? Then test memory with a usb flash that has memtest86. Pass? Then next is fix any windows issue with a windows repair reinstall. Better a fresh install, the repair install preserve files and apps. You can find instructions at tenforums.com