cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TUF FX507ZE - Keyboard Combination faulty - solved

FlammaXing
Level 8
Hi! Everyone.

I just purchased a TUF Gaming F15 FX507ZE (2022), everything works great! But I wish to report a bug that has been there since day 1. The combination CTRL + SHIFT + N is not working. This combination in explorer is to create a new folder, or in Chrome it will open up an incognito browser. Since I use both of these function pretty much everyday, so this bug had been annoying me for quite some time.

Your assistance in resolving this bug is very much appreciated. Thanks.

Extra info:
- initially I thought it was keyboard ghosting issue (which I hardly believe this will happen to a laptop with this price tag), but i had tried with another usb keyboard and the combination did not work.
- So I suspect its Asus software is the one inhibiting the key combination, so i uninstall all software at control panel that is from AsusTek. But it did not solve the problem. (yes, all the software that is from AsusTek)
- So I suspect its driver issue, and so i reboot the windows into safe mode. After entering into safe mode, the combination CTRL + SHIFT + N is then in WORKING condition in both explorer and chrome, with the laptop keyboard as well as usb keyboard.
- And if i reboot the windows normally, the combination is then not working again.
- I had tried format the laptop (i backed up the esupport folder), after reinstall the windows, before windows is able to download driver from its repository, the combination is working but once the internet driver is installed, windows started to download all drivers for this laptop.
- Once windows completed installation of all drivers, the combination CTRL + SHIFT + N is then not working again.
10 REPLIES 10

FlammaXing wrote:
Any admin here? this thread can be closed. The issue had been resolved by app update over windows store today.

Thank you for letting me know. I will close the thread for you. If for any reason further discussion is required you can send me a PM.

Thanks
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…