cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thunderbolt No Longer Working on B550 Pro-Art Creator

darksouls12
Level 8
Hello all,
I have spotted some others with a similar issue after a BIOS update where their Thunderbolt no longer works. I have now tried rolling back to previous drivers without any luck. A reinstall of all drivers and Windows does not yield any results. I do see the Thunderbolt controller in device manager along with the ports in the application. However, no devices such as my UAD Apollo show. I am currently on BIOS version 3002. Support mentioned I have to RMA my board. However, I do not believe this to be the case as I have seen others with a similar issue after BIOS updating. Is there anybody else who may have some insight to this problem?

Thanks so much!
39 REPLIES 39

Just wanted to write that this is working for me now too. I can finally get access to my UAD Apollo Twin TB2 device. Thanks all 🙂

David18
Level 9

ProArt- b550-Creator 9902 bios linked here was created after testing my configuration. YMMV!

Really thanks. I have the same MB. So i can try! 

Is that link working? Any luck?

Yes link works! I’m gonna try update bios in the envening

gzilla76
Level 8

Ah great thanks for the update guys - I will try it myself later this evening or tomorrow 🙂 I did PM Jiaszzz_ROG on this forum yesterday, so not sure if that helped. But whatever, I hope this works for me too ! 

David18
Level 9

Don't forget to use a renamer on this before attempting the update. Hope it works for you.

Pugliosky
Level 8

WORKS!
I tried the bios 9902. of course is unofficial but the problem was exactly the NVM driver.
i used a renamer copied in the same folder of 9902.

after renaming file i used Ez Flash to update the bios.

after upgrade and reboot shows TB NVM firmware upgrade.
at the first reboot with the Apollo twin switched on the system detect the device and get the upload of plugins and firmware.

p.s. still not detected from UA connect
Thanks a lot to all

photo_2023-05-17_14-47-26.jpg

Finally Works.png

photo_2023-05-17_14-47-20.jpg

   

Excellent 

darksouls12
Level 8

Wow!  Sorry I went MIA on this thread but you guys are awesome.  I was starting to feel a bit gaslit by ASUS support.  It got to the point I bought a new drop in replacement B550 Pro Art as I had clients with tight deadlines.  It is nice to know I can use the custom BIOS to upgrade.   It's nice seeing the power of a team come together to get this resolved.  I hope everyone else is back to engineering/making music/or whatever else it is you use Thunderbolt for.