cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thunderbolt No Longer Working on B550 Pro-Art Creator

darksouls12
Level 8
Hello all,
I have spotted some others with a similar issue after a BIOS update where their Thunderbolt no longer works. I have now tried rolling back to previous drivers without any luck. A reinstall of all drivers and Windows does not yield any results. I do see the Thunderbolt controller in device manager along with the ports in the application. However, no devices such as my UAD Apollo show. I am currently on BIOS version 3002. Support mentioned I have to RMA my board. However, I do not believe this to be the case as I have seen others with a similar issue after BIOS updating. Is there anybody else who may have some insight to this problem?

Thanks so much!
39 REPLIES 39

gzilla76
Level 8

@Jiaszzz_ROG hi, are you able to provide any assistance with this ticket please?

David18
Level 9

Hi folks, 

has anyone heard anything back from Asus about this? I can't seem to get a response and my system has been down now for 2 weeks.

Every system I built in the last 15+ years has been an Asus system and this is how they treat their customers?

Looks like this is going to cost me serious money now to build a new system. Not an Asus system though. Thanks a lot Asus. Never again. Gangsters.

Hi david, 

i'm talking with the tecnical support of UA and Asus in the same time. 

little update for everyone:
UA says, in my personal case, AMD chipset is not tested and generally unsupported ---- but the asus MBs mount TB mt 1137 intel port so they can work togheder (it works with win10 and same settings)

asus will call me today. i will update

OK, Asus sent me a custom BIOS this morning and it's worked perfect. I think it just rolled back the NVM thunderbolt firmware. Just need to check full functionality of my devices.

Please can you share?

No probs, how?

What MB have you?

google drive it’s fine. May help someone as me.

i think it’s bios file, with renamer.exe? 
for sure it’s dangerous for the bios… really hope resolving

thanks

Yeah, they didn't send me the renamer, I had to just put another renamer file in the same folder and execute.Worked fine. I'll try and set up Google drive to make it available. Never used it before so...

Thanks a lot. This is the third week for me with this problem.

Please don’t forgive to tell witch MB you got