cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strix RTX 3080 Fan vibration issues and scratches on LED bar

Vader666
Level 7
There is already a Thread about this issue but for the Asus RTX 3090 ROG STRIX. Blake asked me to create a new one for the 3080.
I own a RTX 3080 ROG STRIX and have exactly the same issues as described in the other Thread, many other do have the same issue also.
On ~60-70% of Fan RPM the card starts to make loud noises (s. my Video on Youtube at the End of this post). When I support the card, since it's saging a bit, the sound stops but than occurs on the other side at an other fan frenquency. Moreover I noticed that there was no cover on the RGB bar and there are scratches all over it. Replacement is not possible atm since the card is not available. The issue seems to be cause by the fan shroud which appears to be not tightend enough.

57 REPLIES 57

Blake@ROG wrote:
Hello ekyxor,
I'm not sure if you are having the same issue as this thread was discussing.
But please send the device to service center for further examination if you still have the rattle.
Thank you.

Just send me a set of new fans and I fix the issue by myself. 😉

Blake1
Level 10
Hello ekyxor,
I'm sorry that we can not send out spare part and we would like to repair the product for you.
Thank you.

Blake@ROG wrote:
Hello ekyxor,
I'm sorry that we can not send out spare part and we would like to repair the product for you.
Thank you.

Got the rattle go away once again, tweaked the support pieces, nobody touches my GPU except me. 😉

Got a 3080 Ti Strix nearly 1 year after this thread started in November 2021. Exact same issue out of the box. Great QC team at ASUS :rolleyes: 5 months later and still living with this annoyance daily.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi m@stermind,
Please send the graphics card to our RMA for further examination if you have the rattle.
Thank you.

So will the fans be improved for the RTX 40 series? I had a 3070 Dual and a bearing went bad on one fan after just 40 hours.
Now I'm on MSI Suprim X 3080 and it's a quality card. ASUS fans on RTX 30 series just don't aspire confidence, they're so thin.

gtxplus1
Level 7
i had same issue with ROG 2080 Ti OC, my friend have same issue with ROG 2080 Ti OC, i had same issue with ROG 3080 OC, now i've got ROG 3080 Ti OC and same issue. issue appears usually after few monthd after purchase.
for me fixing issue with piece of paper is not acceptable. can the fans replacement solve the issue?

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi gtxplus1,
If you have the rattle, please send the graphics cards to our RMA for further examination.
Thank you.