cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strix RTX 3080 Fan vibration issues and scratches on LED bar

Vader666
Level 7
There is already a Thread about this issue but for the Asus RTX 3090 ROG STRIX. Blake asked me to create a new one for the 3080.
I own a RTX 3080 ROG STRIX and have exactly the same issues as described in the other Thread, many other do have the same issue also.
On ~60-70% of Fan RPM the card starts to make loud noises (s. my Video on Youtube at the End of this post). When I support the card, since it's saging a bit, the sound stops but than occurs on the other side at an other fan frenquency. Moreover I noticed that there was no cover on the RGB bar and there are scratches all over it. Replacement is not possible atm since the card is not available. The issue seems to be cause by the fan shroud which appears to be not tightend enough.

57 REPLIES 57

We all deserved this type of support.

https://youtu.be/lSb_4RB2nbw

Same problem with my 3080 strix, along with microstutter which is a whole other issue.

Contacted ASUS CS to explain my story before I found these threads and I was told that the noise in the video I sent was "mouse clicking or coil whine" and that I was imagining it basically!

Contacted them again after seeing this and they said I can RMA the card through the retailer Amazon.it because they do not deal directly (or at all in my opinion) with these issues. Contacted amazon, who told me that they are unable to do this and all they can do is refund because ASUS are a seperate company and that it makes no sense to send to Amazon, to then send to ASUS which I agree with....so who is having me on?

So as it stands both companies are telling me to sort it with the other. I have messaged Blake@ROG also and waiting on a reply since Sunday.

First time buying an ROG product and was excited to...it will certainly be my last. Completely left out in the cold with this and had opportunities to buy other cards but I wanted to go with top quality components. Back to Aorus next time

Don't send your card in for RMA, you will not get your card back from Asus.....I have followed the advice of Blake and did that about a month ago now. Today I got the information that Asus can't repair my card and I can either get a refund or wait at the end of the line for a new one.....really great this....I am not sure what Asus is doing here or if they are trying to make extra profit off the inflated prices but this is not customer friendly at all.

Here is a video of my issue: https://youtu.be/Kpg6-co4JK4 . I am sure Asus is capable of swapping a fan.....

@Blake, could you comment on this. I am not happy at all.

Update: My seller agreed to place me first in line luckily. They also told me that 99% of the cards with this very same issue are refunded by Asus and not repaired.

Eismc2a wrote:
Don't send your card in for RMA, you will not get your card back from Asus.....I have followed the advice of Blake and did that about a month ago now. Today I got the information that Asus can't repair my card and I can either get a refund or wait at the end of the line for a new one.....really great this....I am not sure what Asus is doing here or if they are trying to make extra profit off the inflated prices but this is not customer friendly at all.

Here is a video of my issue: https://youtu.be/Kpg6-co4JK4 . I am sure Asus is capable of swapping a fan.....

@Blake, could you comment on this. I am not happy at all.

Update: My seller agreed to place me first in line luckily. They also told me that 99% of the cards with this very same issue are refunded by Asus and not repaired.

Oh wow...thanks for sharing this. Blake replied to me and told me my SN was from Germany (bought from Amazon Italy) and sent me a link to the German ASUS RMA site. Haven't done it yet as I'm waiting to see if I can secure another AIB card first...this has certainly reassured me I'm doing the right thing. Shocking

Dannyele
Level 7
Hello guys,

Experiencing the same issue, but with the 3rd fan (the one far from the IO Shield) at a certain speed (like 70%)...

Blake1
Level 10
Dear all,
Thank you so much for your instant support and reply.
For European and North America users, I will stop collecting information from now on.
Those who already send PM, don't worry, all of them counts.
We are going to prepare the parts by larger batch for this two regions afterward.
And for users form other region, please kindly continue to send the information to me.
Also, for those who have concern with cross-country product (bought in different country), please also contact me through PM.
Thank you.

Thank you for your efforts Blake!

Do you already have any details on what exactly is going to happen or an ETA of some sorts?

Good question.

Obviously Asus already know what the plan is, so sharing more info with us would be nice., especially, I'm going to pull the trigger and get the second Strix 3090.

For me replacing any part of the card it’s no problem and I would prefer this way rather then sending it away.

For one, not only that I have a golden chip, but my card is in absolutely brand new, scratch free condition, especially with that gorges Strix cooler I care about aesthetics I am extremely careful how I handle my card(s).

Megascrypt wrote:
Good question.

Obviously Asus already know what the plan is, so sharing more info with us would be nice., especially, I'm going to pull the trigger and get the second Strix 3090.

For me replacing any part of the card it's no problem and I would prefer this way rather then sending it away.

For one, not only that I have a golden chip, but my card is in absolutely brand new, scratch free condition, especially with that gorges Strix cooler I care about aesthetics I am extremely careful how I handle my card(s).

I also would prefer the option to fix it myself rather than send it back, I've been holding on to my 1080ti just in case, but a DIY option would be great for people with the skills and tools to fix it. Of course I would understand if ASUS wouldn't let us, there's probably some legalities and warranty issues involved, but hopefully it's something simple.

Blake1
Level 10
Hello ekyxor,
I'm not sure if you are having the same issue as this thread was discussing.
But please send the device to service center for further examination if you still have the rattle.
Thank you.