STRIX B550-I Gaming randomly dropping PCIe 4.0 NVMe disk on wakeup?
My ROG STRIX B550-I Gaming ITX motherboard randomly drops primary NVMe disk on wakeup from overnight sleep, resulting in blank screen and reboot (not to mention ruining my workflow), upon entering BIOS after such crash I can see that my primary PCIe 4.0 1TB NVMe disk is gone, I have to power cycle the PC to get it back to be able to boot back into Win10. Quick sleep/wakeup appears to be working, just not if I leave PC overnight.
My setup is:
- B550-I on 1202 (10/21/2020) BIOS
- Ryzen 7 5800X
- G.SKILL F4-3200C14-16GTRS
- Inland Performance 1TB PCIe NVMe 4.0 (my C:\ disk, where Windows is installed)
- Inland Performance 2TB PCIe NVMe 3.0 (on the back of motherboard, my D:\ disk, no issues with this one, it is always present on wakeup)
- latest Windows 10 20H2 2009 19042.630, latest AMD drivers
Can you try newest 1401 BIOS? Curious if that fixes anything.
I can confirm that this is an ongoing problem even with the 1602 Beta BIOS. My system runs rock solid but fails to resume from sleep. I have a crucial P5 NVME m2 drive. Asus requested me to RMA the board, though I think this is actually a board firmware issue.