cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[STRIX B450-F] FTPM disabled, Still getting stutters

Esskay
Level 7
Hi, after the latest BIOS update (4901), whenever I play a game, I randomly get a stutter (like this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYnRL-x6DVI). While the latest update claims to fix the stuttering problem, it seems to have made it worse since I hadn't had any issues before. Before the update, I had fTPM enabled. Disabling fTPM did not change anything. Is there a solution?

I even tried reinstalling windows from fresh and still have this issue.

Thank you!
12 REPLIES 12

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi Esskay,
Do you mean didn't have the stuttering issue even with fTPM enabled on bios 4801?
Which game you run and have the stuttering issue? Does it occur on the specific games?
Does it also happen on bios 4901 with bios all default settings(no OC)?
Thank you.

Esskay
Level 7
I updated from 4602 to 4901. I didn't have any stuttering on 4602 with ftpm on. Is there anyway I could downgrade to 4602 to see if my theory is correct?

So far, it's happened on overwatch and valorant. I think GTA V aswell but can't remember since I don't play GTA V that much.

Sure, I can try resetting my bios to default setting. I'll let you know.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi Esskay,
I'm afraid USB BIOS Flashback is not supported on ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING, and EZ flash 3 probably not able to downgrade BIOS.
If it also happens on bios 4901 with bios all default settings(no OC), may I have a video of stutter on your pc?
Thank you.

Esskay
Level 7
Hey, after the bios reset, it seems to be good so far. But I wanna test for a couple of more days.

The video I sent in the main post is exactly what happens. There is no difference. I can't really record it as it may only happen once or twice all day.

I've heard that I can downgrade using command line tools. Is this true?

I won't try to yet though since I didn't experience any stutter after the bios reset. My suspect right now is my ram and xmp.
Thanks!

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi Esskay,
Sorry I'm not sure if command line tools are working.
If it is no issue currently, we would suggest use it with bios all default settings.
Thank you.

Esskay
Level 7
So, you are suggesting that if the bios reset fixed my problem, I should use my PC with xmp off? Even though it used to work fine before the bios update?

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi Esskay,
If you have made sure there is no issue with bios default settings, you can adjust settings like enabling xmp again to see if get a stutter again.
To narrow possible causes down, please adjust setting one by one one if it is possible.
Thank you.

Esskay
Level 7
Hey, it seems like the bios reset did the trick. I enabled xmp and still get no stutter. I will reply here if i get any in the future.
Thanks!

Esskay
Level 7
Nevermind! I got that same kind of stutter again. Now I'm going to try turning off xmp again and try again.