kubr0
Level 7
Version V1
2021/08/10 7.59 MBytes

Bios update tool
Update: Compatibility for Monitor Display Port

Name: RTX3080_V1.exe
Size: 7955840 bytes (7769 KiB)

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/Graphic%20Card/NVIDIA/BIOSUPDATE_TOOL/RTX3080TI/RTX3080_V1.exe

For whatever reason, when I run the package nothing happens. Also tried it running as an admin. Weird ... Am I doing something wrong, or is there an issue with the package?
13 REPLIES 13

ahfoo
Level 13
kubr0 wrote:
Version V1
2021/08/10 7.59 MBytes

Bios update tool
Update: Compatibility for Monitor Display Port

Name: RTX3080_V1.exe
Size: 7955840 bytes (7769 KiB)

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/Graphic%20Card/NVIDIA/BIOSUPDATE_TOOL/RTX3080TI/RTX3080_V1.exe

For whatever reason, when I run the package nothing happens. Also tried it running as an admin. Weird ... Am I doing something wrong, or is there an issue with the package?

Are you using a non Asus Motherboard?

If you are using Asus motherboaed, make sure you stop all system monitoring software in the background and try again.

If you are not using Asus motherboard, there is something else may conflict with the update. I did encounter this issue with ASROCK mobo.

ahfoo wrote:
Are you using a non Asus Motherboard?

If you are using Asus motherboaed, make sure you stop all system monitoring software in the background and try again.

If you are not using Asus motherboard, there is something else may conflict with the update. I did encounter this issue with ASROCK mobo.

I have the Maximus Hero XIII mobo. No additional software running in the background 😕 It just seems that there is an issue with the package. Why don't they just zip it, and include clear instructions in a readme with it?

ahfoo
Level 13
One last thing, check your card BIOS switch on the card, Performance to Quiet profile? which was was selected.

kubr0
Level 7
I run the card in performance mode. After I seen your question, tried swapping it to quiet mode, same result. The EXE doesn't even start ...

ahfoo
Level 13

ahfoo wrote:
You may download again from here.

downloaded from this link, ran it, the cursor changed for a second to the one with a circle, for like half a second, and then nothing again. I guess it is a sign to just leave it as it is

kubr0 wrote:
downloaded from this link, ran it, the cursor changed for a second to the one with a circle, for like half a second, and then nothing again. I guess it is a sign to just leave it as it is

Nope, this is not the case. see if you can insert it to the GPU to another mobo and tried it out. It the problems still persist.

ahfoo wrote:
Nope, this is not the case. see if you can insert it to the GPU to another mobo and tried it out. It the problems still persist.

yes, don't have another mobo, so this is it then. Thx though

kubr0
Level 7
I finally was able to flash tne new vBIOS, but I'm not sure what actually helped. Since you mentioned HW-monitoring SW, I tried removing Speccy even though I was never running it in the background. This didn't help, so I was going through all the processes that were running in the background, but didn't find anything that I couldn't identify or would be fishy. I then went over the icons in the notification area and was checking the things running there. When I ran iCUE, I was surprised since instead of only having the option to change the settings of my keyboard, it had multiple HW-monitoring tools in it which I haven't seen before, when I was setting up my keyboard after the Win installation. I tried closing iCUE, even uninstalling it, but there were still traces of it in the system and the vBIOS wouldn't execute. I was then fed up with all of it and did a clean Win installation, just installed the basic drivers and ran the tool and viola, it worked. It flashed the vBIOS, run through and confirmed it did its thing and restarted my PC. I'm not really sure what helped, it was either that there was something corrupt on my previous installation, or iCUE was somehow blocking it, but it seems its all good now.

Thx for the food for thought again!