cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RTX 3080 ROG STRIX OC fans spinning even at idle

pjeruk
Level 7
Hi i just got my 3080 oc strix card and I don't know what to do because fans on auto wont slowing down at all. Even if card is cold like 32c fans are still going on 53% any ideas what to do? When I'm trying manualy change fans under 35% fans are starting spining and stopping over and over. I was trying quiet mode and performance but nothing change.
52 REPLIES 52

Hi, i have rog strix rtx 3080 oc white. i bought it 12days ago. from start i have problem, when connect to my pc, first fan on the left, start with top speed spining, and other 2( middle one and right one, ) was stop. i install driver and uodate bios to v5 but problem not solved! in gpu z show that fan speed 3200rpm, but 0% !!! i don't know what is problem after install new fresh windows the problem not solved, just for 2h it fix and 3 fan work together and responding to msi afterburner very well, but after that 3th one(right fan) again stop and left fan start with 3200 rpm speed. i unistall and install again driver, but problem not fixed. so what can i do? i realy angree about that because i pay 3300 usd for this!!! so hard to find and adter find this happen😑😑😑 i'm not sure about problem that maybe same guys that he opem and fixed his cable. maybe for me same it. but not sure. isometimes when i keep first fan with my hand right one start to spining and problem fixed, but not always.sometime when i change place graphic card to another pcie place, just 1time problem fix and after restart again start with top speed. but not always. pls tel me what can i do😑😫😑
i upload video in youtube, u can see better my problem.

Hi, i have rog strix rtx 3080 oc white. i bought it 12days ago. from start i have problem, when connect to my pc, first fan on the left, start with top speed spining, and other 2( middle one and right one, ) was stop. i install driver and uodate bios to v5 but problem not solved! in gpu z show that fan speed 3200rpm, but 0% !!! i don't know what is problem after install new fresh windows the problem not solved, just for 2h it fix and 3 fan work together and responding to msi afterburner very well, but after that 3th one(right fan) again stop and left fan start with 3200 rpm speed. i unistall and install again driver, but problem not fixed. so what can i do? i realy angree about that because i pay 3300 usd for this!!! so hard to find and adter find this happen😑😑😑 i'm not sure about problem that maybe same guys that he opem and fixed his cable. maybe for me same it. but not sure. isometimes when i keep first fan with my hand right one start to spining and problem fixed, but not always.sometime when i change place graphic card to another pcie place, just 1time problem fix and after restart again start with top speed. but not always. pls tel me what can i do.
i upload video in youtube, u can see better my problem.

Dan87 wrote:
I reply to my own message as I fixed the issue... Maybe it can be helpful for someone else.

It took me some courage but at the end I deshrouded my Strix OC 3080. On the attachment you can see what I found: the fan connect being not being pushed properly... Thank God I did not send it to RMA as Asus suggested.

If you are experiencing something similar - AND IF YOU FEEL CONFIDENT IN OPENING YOUR GPU - this might be a fix.

tnx alot bro, i had serious problem with my rtx 3080 rogstrix white and i open from back plate my gpu with help opening video in youtube from this link :
and after that my wire looks like normal and on, but i try to tied them and close it again. u can see my fan problem in this youtube link:
and after i assemble again the back plate and fan of the gpu, i see that my problem is solved.. tnx alot. after 3days it steel work fine.