cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rox Strix 3090Ti LC Noisy as hell!!

DocratesCR
Level 9
I was happy, the first few days, with my new GPU 3090 Ti Liquid Cooling, until the pump started to do a constant non stop noise.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/qr5BUNmOOQE

I have found more people with the same issue and try their "solutions", like shake the GPU, move the radiator to the top, horizontal, vertical... no results and this is the fourth day with this noise.

Any idea, any solution?
11 REPLIES 11

Megascrypt
Level 7
Defective pump. That is one of big reasons I never get anything with AIO's. I rather have higher temps on Air Cooled then all of the sudden deal with pumps that tend to fail prematurely let alone have bad pump right at Get-Go.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi DocratesCR,
Is your CPU cooler also AIO cooler?
If you remove Rox Strix 3090Ti LC, is the noise still there?
Thank you.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi DocratesCR,
Is your CPU cooler also AIO cooler?
If you remove Rox Strix 3090Ti LC, is the noise still there?
Thank you.

Yes, the CPU is AIO too, but the source of noise is the GPU. Already removed it, put my 3090 with air cooling and noise is gone.

Also everyday more people report the same issue with this hardware. A great GPU, a shame of cooling...

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi DocratesCR,
Do you hear the noise every time you turn on the pc and it is constant?
The noise was not present when you install the Rox Strix 3090Ti LC but it occurred since the fourth day?
May I have the serial number of your Rox Strix 3090Ti LC via PM?
Thank you.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi DocratesCR,
Do you hear the noise every time you turn on the pc and it is constant?
The noise was not present when you install the Rox Strix 3090Ti LC but it occurred since the fourth day?
May I have the serial number of your Rox Strix 3090Ti LC via PM?
Thank you.

The noise is constant yes, and it start as soon as I turn on the pc, right now the noise is growing up, unbearable.

Let me send you the serial number.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi DocratesCR,
Thank you for your reply.
Please send the Rog Strix 3090Ti LC to our RMA for further examination and share the RMA number to me once you get the RMA number.
Thank you.

There are softwares to control the fan speed, you must try them out

The problem with RMA is simple, this GPU traveled to Costa Rica where I am from. There is no RMA here or Asus support for GPU (only tablets and notebooks). Sending it back to USA for RMA is a pain, and expensive because of taxing.

But well, I followed some instruction from this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpcfylfPdkU (similar issue different hardware and brand).

With patience I did small movements to the radiator while the computer was active. For like 30 seconds, the noise was totally gone, but it started again... now it's not so loud, it's bearable... but not perfect.

The issue is, as everybody report with this and similar hardware, bubbles on the pump. We need software tools to control the pump, not only fans. In this way we can stop it, start it again and try to get bubbles out with software.

Fan control does nothing with pump.

sifiso Solomon wrote:
There are softwares to control the fan speed, you must try them out

MSI after burner is the best for this