cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG z690 Maximus Formula PC build freezing/crashing/ rebooting randomly

Tschwifty
Level 7
Hello all,
I'm kind of at my wits end here. Came into some money and decided to build a new computer after 10 years on one build. Current build consists of:
MB: Asus ROG z690 Maximus Formula (BIOS Version 0811)
Memory: G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR5 SDRAM DDR5 6000 Intel XMP 3.0
GPU: EVGA Geforce RTX 3080 ti FTW3 Ultra
CPU: Intel i9 12900k
Storage: Seagate Firecuda 2tb m.2 2280 NVME SSD
PSU: SeaSonic PRIME Ultra Titanium 1000 W 80+ Titanium

Please bare with me as I'm still learning and getting used to the newer tech settings and acronyms :). After build was first initially finished I was getting QCode 53 and consistently POSTing in safe mode, this was at BIOS version 0803. After some XMP tweaks, setting memory speed to 5600 and BIOS 0811 update the PC booted all the way to Windows login. Fast forward a few days and I've been dealing with freezing, crashing, and rebooting issues after 6 hours of game time and after that it happens every 15minutes-3 hours. After trying a long list of solutions and nothing work I finally gave in a secure erased my ssd and started fresh with a new Windows 10 installation. I spent the next two days using the computer solely for homework and Youtube videos with only the Windows updates and Google Chrome installed onto the PC. Today I finally decided to install my NVIDIA drivers, Steam, and Rust. About 25% into the Rust installation my computer froze and rebooted. Any help and advice would be GREATLY appreciated! Please and thank you in advance 🙂
-Tschwifty
1 REPLY 1

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi Tschwifty,
Does it occur with bios all default settings?
Please update to bios 1003. If it still froze and rebooted while installing apps, please try other M.2 slot.
Thank you.