cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog X670 Extreme Build, Computer boots when UPS is turned on before power button

fgentile01
Level 7
I have the following build:

MB: ASUS X670 Extreme
CPU: AMD x7950
Memory: 64GB G.Skill 6000 Neo
GPU: ASUS Tuf 4080 OC
PSU: Corsair 1600Ati

Case: Phantek Evo X

The System works fine except for the issue of going right to boot from a state where its powered off and the UPS is also off. So if I turn the UPS on the system powers up without waiting for me to press the power button. This is not ideal and there is risk of a surge

- The power button will turn on the computer and turn it off
- BIOS setting "Restore AC Power Loss" is set to power off

The issue here is that I can't leave the system powered on, there's a fire risk. I also can't leave the UPS on since I have pets that could step on the power switch on the PC and turn the system on. This has happened before.

Seems very odd.. however maybe I am missing something.
28 REPLIES 28

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hello, Broken.Pc,

Could you provide a video showing all the BIOS settings and the scenario of it turning on without you pressing the power button?
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Thank you.

first thing i did was Upgrade the Bios/UEFI file to X670E EXTREME BIOS 0922 but i had the same issue of booting up from the mains power switch first time.

So done some digging in ther Bios/UEFI and found the setting in the Advanced, Boot Menu " OS Type" Change this from "Other OS" to Windows UEFI Mode.

Also change Secure Boot mode from Custom to Standard.

So this should solve the issue and its confirmed working on my computer.

My thanks and i hope it helps others who have the same problem. 🙂

Hi,
I have the same issue.
It doesn't matter if the AC is applied by turning on the UPS of PSU, or even if you leave the PSU on and switch off the mains supply via the wall, then switch the mains supply back on via the wall, the PC will start up.
I have set the BIOS to default and tried all sorts of setting but with no success, but the main setting for AC Power Loss has always been set to Power Off.

My system is as follows:

Motherboard: ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR X670E Extreme
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 7950x AM5 Retail
DRAM: Corsair VENGEANCE DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C36 - set to 4800MHz because there is an issue with 6000MHz, but this can wait for another time and Thread.
GPU: ASUS ROG Strix NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti OC Edition
PSU: Corsair RM1000X

All BIOS settings are set to default (NO Overclocking) except a setting that is APM Configuration S1-S4, but I can't remember why I had to set it to this.

I don't have the serial numbers of my Motherboard and GPU with me at moment to PM, but an administrator of this forum could find this info using my email address that is registered with ASUS and this forum because my Motherboard and GPU are registered with ASUS, with serial numbers.

Thanks,
Mark.

DjJazzy1967 wrote:
Hi,
I have the same issue.
It doesn't matter if the AC is applied by turning on the UPS of PSU, or even if you leave the PSU on and switch off the mains supply via the wall, then switch the mains supply back on via the wall, the PC will start up.
I have set the BIOS to default and tried all sorts of setting but with no success, but the main setting for AC Power Loss has always been set to Power Off.

My system is as follows:

Motherboard: ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR X670E Extreme
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 7950x AM5 Retail
DRAM: Corsair VENGEANCE DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C36 - set to 4800MHz because there is an issue with 6000MHz, but this can wait for another time and Thread.
GPU: ASUS ROG Strix NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti OC Edition
PSU: Corsair RM1000X

All BIOS settings are set to default (NO Overclocking) except a setting that is APM Configuration S1-S4, but I can't remember why I had to set it to this.

I don't have the serial numbers of my Motherboard and GPU with me at moment to PM, but an administrator of this forum could find this info using my email address that is registered with ASUS and this forum because my Motherboard and GPU are registered with ASUS, with serial numbers.

Thanks,
Mark.

Hi DjJazzy1967

Have you tried my solution above as it works for me and i hope it will for you too.
See attachment and change setting to this! 🙂 97547

Hi Broken.Pc
I updated the BIOS to 0922 then I set the BIOS settings to Default. I left the 'OS Type' on 'Other OS' and 'Secure Boot Mode' on 'Custom' and it still worked, after AC Power Loss and restore the PC did not start.
I did change Advanced\APM Configuration\ErP Ready to Enable(S5), this turns off all the onboard Motherboard LED's and displays when you shut down the PC when you leave the AC mains switch on. When the AC power is turned off and then back on later, the motherboard LED's and displays do light briefly and then go off.
I think the BIOS update may have fixed it.

Thanks Broken.Pc

DjJazzy1967 wrote:
Hi Broken.Pc
I updated the BIOS to 0922 then I set the BIOS settings to Default. I left the 'OS Type' on 'Other OS' and 'Secure Boot Mode' on 'Custom' and it still worked, after AC Power Loss and restore the PC did not start.
I did change Advanced\APM Configuration\ErP Ready to Enable(S5), this turns off all the onboard Motherboard LED's and displays when you shut down the PC when you leave the AC mains switch on. When the AC power is turned off and then back on later, the motherboard LED's and displays do light briefly and then go off.
I think the BIOS update may have fixed it.

Thanks Broken.Pc

I just reset the bios and not changed my settings like I did in my earlier post above I so looks like the bios did fix the issue but it looks like the bios needs to be reset back to default before and after the bios update to 0922 to fix the issue to clear out any old remaining settings.

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hello, Broken.Pc,

Could you help confirm what your current setting status for Restore AC Power Loss is?
In BIOS version 0922, if the "OS Type" is kept at "Other OS" and the setting status of Restore AC Power Loss is changed to [Power off], will the problem also be solved?

Thank you.

Jiaszzz@ROG wrote:
Hello, Broken.Pc,

Could you help confirm what your current setting status for Restore AC Power Loss is?
In BIOS version 0922, if the "OS Type" is kept at "Other OS" and the setting status of Restore AC Power Loss is changed to [Power off], will the problem also be solved?

Thank you.

Hi ,
First of all the problem has been solved by updating to 0922 Bios/Uefi. But i had to reset bios to default settings before and after the bios/Uefi flash for it to work correctly see posts above and what ever i set the "OS Type" to. Other OS or "Windows Uefi Mode" now it makes no diffence and tried both settings and i get the same outcome the computer works corrctly.

Also Restore AC Power Loss set to "last State " but by changing it made no diffence the still computer works corectly. 😮

Jiaszzz@ROG wrote:
Hello, Broken.Pc,

Thank you.

Yes I can confirm, my 'Restore AC Power Loss' setting is set to 'Power Off' and 'OS Type' is set to 'Other OS' and the PC does NOT start when the AC power is restored. Everything in the BIOS is set to default, except 'Advanced\APM Configuration\ErP Ready' set to 'Enable(S5)' so when the PC is shut down and AC power is not turned off (left ON), the Motherboard onboard led's and ROG displays turn off.

Thank You.

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hello, Broken.Pc and DjJazzy1967.

Please accept my apologies for my incorrect expression.
The question we have is:
When you complete updating the BIOS to version 0922 and re-set the default BIOS,
what are the default values for Recover AC Power Loss, OS Type, and the Secure Boot mode exist that haven't been changed?

Thank you.