cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog X670 Extreme Build, Computer boots when UPS is turned on before power button

fgentile01
Level 7
I have the following build:

MB: ASUS X670 Extreme
CPU: AMD x7950
Memory: 64GB G.Skill 6000 Neo
GPU: ASUS Tuf 4080 OC
PSU: Corsair 1600Ati

Case: Phantek Evo X

The System works fine except for the issue of going right to boot from a state where its powered off and the UPS is also off. So if I turn the UPS on the system powers up without waiting for me to press the power button. This is not ideal and there is risk of a surge

- The power button will turn on the computer and turn it off
- BIOS setting "Restore AC Power Loss" is set to power off

The issue here is that I can't leave the system powered on, there's a fire risk. I also can't leave the UPS on since I have pets that could step on the power switch on the PC and turn the system on. This has happened before.

Seems very odd.. however maybe I am missing something.
28 REPLIES 28

Jiaszzz@ROG wrote:
Hello, Broken.Pc and DjJazzy1967.

Please accept my apologies for my incorrect expression.
The question we have is:
When you complete updating the BIOS to version 0922 and re-set the default BIOS,
what are the default values for Recover AC Power Loss, OS Type, and the Secure Boot mode exist that haven't been changed?

Thank you.

from resetting the bios the values on my motherboard they are Recover AC Power Loss is "Power Off" OS Type is"Other OS" and Secure Boot mode is "Custom"
Hope this helps 🙂

Jedimaster
Level 8

Dear all - same here, have updated to the newest BIOS...still same behavior. Changed all proposed settings as written in this forum - but my Mobo behaves always the same. When I switch on the PSU button, PC/Mobo just starts...

With my old x570 I switched on PSU and had to press afterwards the power button of  my case. With the x670e it just starts...tried many settings in the BIOS and different combinations of settings, always the same behavior? Is that a bug in the BIOS?

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @Jedimaster .

Sorry for the slow reply.
May I ask if the model you are asking about is the ROG CROSSHAIR X670E HERO or the ROG CROSSHAIR X670E EXTREME? What is the current BIOS version? Besides the PSU, have you connected to a UPS?
It is recommended that you refer to How to clear CMOS? to clear CMOS first and set Restore AC Power Loss to Power Off, then confirm whether the problem can be eliminated.

Thank you.

No worries for the late reply - Im already in contactt with Asus support…but unfortunately without any success 😞

Its a ROG CROSSHAIR X670E EXTREME board.

Bios: 1004

Its not connected to a UPS.

And I have already cleared CMOS and restored AC Power loss to Power off…

Cant really find the issue here…very strange! Always the same problem, switching on my PSU and mobo resp windows is directly booting without turning on my pc. I also disconnected the cables from my case - same behavior.

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @Jedimaster 

According to the official website of ROG CROSSHAIR X670E EXTREME, 1004 is not the latest BIOS version, it is recommended that you update the bios and check again.

Thank you.

I have now 1415 on my mobo - still same behavior...is it possible, that a jumper, something else is triggering it?

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @Jedimaster .

We recommend cross-testing with other PSUs and cables.
If the problem persists, please provide the following information:
- the brand and model of the currently installed CPU, GPU, DRAM, and PSU
- the OS version and OS build
- the circumstances and frequency of the problem
- a video that clearly captures the occurrence of the problem and the surrounding environment
This video should include all device connections in the chassis. Additionally, try switching off the power supply for at least one minute and then switching it back on to see if the problem still occurs.

Thank you.

LUKAYA
Level 7

I'm having the same issue i just updated to 1415 and cleared cmos to see if it would help unfortunately it hasn't.

im not on a UPS but i have noticed in my case if i boot to bios make any change and shut it down without booting into windows i can turn the pc on at the wall and it wont boot by itself. as soon as i boot all the way into windows the next time i turn it on at the wall it boots by itself. I'm starting to thing that the issue has something to do with fast boot / windows fast start.

I'm on windows 11 - crosshair x670e extreme - bios 1415

LUKAYA
Level 7

I can confirm for me at least turning off fast start in windows 11 has fixed the issue