cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog X670 Extreme Build, Computer boots when UPS is turned on before power button

fgentile01
Level 7
I have the following build:

MB: ASUS X670 Extreme
CPU: AMD x7950
Memory: 64GB G.Skill 6000 Neo
GPU: ASUS Tuf 4080 OC
PSU: Corsair 1600Ati

Case: Phantek Evo X

The System works fine except for the issue of going right to boot from a state where its powered off and the UPS is also off. So if I turn the UPS on the system powers up without waiting for me to press the power button. This is not ideal and there is risk of a surge

- The power button will turn on the computer and turn it off
- BIOS setting "Restore AC Power Loss" is set to power off

The issue here is that I can't leave the system powered on, there's a fire risk. I also can't leave the UPS on since I have pets that could step on the power switch on the PC and turn the system on. This has happened before.

Seems very odd.. however maybe I am missing something.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

first thing i did was Upgrade the Bios/UEFI file to X670E EXTREME BIOS 0922 but i had the same issue of booting up from the mains power switch first time.

So done some digging in ther Bios/UEFI and found the setting in the Advanced, Boot Menu " OS Type" Change this from "Other OS" to Windows UEFI Mode.

Also change Secure Boot mode from Custom to Standard.

So this should solve the issue and its confirmed working on my computer.

My thanks and i hope it helps others who have the same problem. 🙂

View solution in original post

28 REPLIES 28

hankieroseman
Level 8
I noticed this too by just switching on the PSU.

xeromist
***Thread moved to support area where hopefully ASUS can see it.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hello, fgentile01.

Could you help confirm if the issue happens when switching "PSU" or "UPS"?
May I ask if the default BIOS setting is able to fix the problem?

Hello, hankieroseman.

May I ask if your motherboard model is the ROG CROSSHAIR X670E EXTREME and connecting with "UPS"?
Could you provide the current BIOS version?
Also, please test with default BIOS settings and switching the Restore AC Power Loss configurations to power off.

Thank you.

Jiaszzz@ROG wrote:
Hello, fgentile01.

Could you help confirm if the issue happens when switching "PSU" or "UPS"?
May I ask if the default BIOS setting is able to fix the problem?

Hello, hankieroseman.

May I ask if your motherboard model is the ROG CROSSHAIR X670E EXTREME and connecting with "UPS"?
Could you provide the current BIOS version?
Also, please test with default BIOS settings and switching the Restore AC Power Loss configurations to power off.

Thank you.

Thanks for your response! Sorry for my late reply.

The issue occurs when the UPS is turned on from a power off state. It will cause the motherboard to power on as if the power switch is pressed on the case. The case power switch is correctly installed. The Computer can be shutdown through windows and then turned on by using the case power switch.

- BIOS version is 0805

- Tested using default BIOS settings, same result

- Restore AC Power Loss was set to power off, same result

It appears my issue was duplicated by another customer. with their board (see thread).

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hello, fgentile01.

To keep the previous state before the AC power loss, go to BIOS>EZ mode > press "F7" to enter Advanced Mode, and set the Restore AC Power Loss to [Last State].*
Please refer to the ROG CROSSHAIR X670E Series BIOS manual ( English Edition ), page 45, for the setting details.
https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/rog-crosshair/rog-crosshair-x670e-extreme-model/helpdesk_manual/

Thank you.

Jiaszzz@ROG wrote:
Hello, fgentile01.

To keep the previous state before the AC power loss, go to BIOS>EZ mode > press "F7" to enter Advanced Mode, and set the Restore AC Power Loss to [Last State].*
Please refer to the ROG CROSSHAIR X670E Series BIOS manual ( English Edition ), page 45, for the setting details.
https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/rog-crosshair/rog-crosshair-x670e-extreme-model/helpdesk_manual/

Thank you.

Another person with the same problem on the ROG CROSSHAIR X670E EXTREME.

As soon as the mains power is switched on the computer starts up first time and without pressing the power button and but all other times when power is left on it boots from the power button and works normally.
And all connections have been double checked and and even tried a differnt PSU EVGA GQ Series 650w gold and changed to MSI MPG A1000G and the same problem exists.

Also my bios version is ROG CROSSHAIR X670E EXTREME BIOS 0805 and tried the suggestion Jiaszzz@ROG;884046 and made no difference.

So i hope asus team look into this bug/issue for us.

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hello, Broken.Pc.

May I ask if you have returned the BIOS to the default value but the issue persists?
If so, could you please share the following information?
- the serial numbers of your motherboard and GPU via pm
- the brand and model name of the CPU, DRAM, and GPU currently installed
- the OS version and OS build
I will attempt to look through your configuration to see if there's anything there that could help.

Thank you.

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hello, Broken.Pc.

Could you try set the BIOS>EZ mode > press "F7" to enter Advanced Mode,
and set the Restore AC Power Loss to [Power off], and press "F10" to save the setting to see if the problem is able to be solved?

Thank you.

Jiaszzz@ROG wrote:
Hello, Broken.Pc.

Could you try set the BIOS>EZ mode > press "F7" to enter Advanced Mode,
and set the Restore AC Power Loss to [Power off], and press "F10" to save the setting to see if the problem is able to be solved?

Thank you.

Just changed the setting you what you asked me to do and still got the same issue sadly.