cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog Strix Z590-E Gaming Wifi sound issue

Cool_Barn
Level 8
EDIT : It turns out the problem was my DAC, not the motherboard. See my final post for the exhilarating story.

Hello there.

I'm having issues with the optical audio on my new Strix Z590-E Gaming Wifi. I have tried both the Asus and Microsoft drivers, and with both drivers the sound will cut out momentarily every 5 - 10 seconds or so.

Normally the first thing I do upon installing a new motherboard is a fresh Windows install, but for a number of reasons, I am yet to get around to it. I tried running Ubuntu Live to make sure it was software rather than hardware, but that didn't play any sound at all when selecting the Realtek USB option.

I have just updated the BIOS with the most recent version that has just been released.

I can't say for sure whether it's hardware or software, but I'm 95% sure it's driver-related. Probably a fresh install will fix the problem, but if anybody else has experienced this, could you please let me know (and a possible fix 🙂 )

Thank you for your help!
92 REPLIES 92

MoKiChU
Level 40
Hi everyone,

Here is the fix (by firmware update) :

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi everyone,

@ ASUS ROG SS3|DTS Sound Unbound Intel motherboard with ALC408x codec owners :

- Realtek USB Audio Firmware (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS Intel MB) :
Firmware : 2.61.9600.69 [21/05/2021]
Download : Link

Fixed SPDIF playing music is noisy

Thank you for the actual update, and thank you for keeping us updated along the way.

Hope it works great 🙂

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi everyone,

Here is the fix (by firmware update) :

Thanks!

I was about to reply that I've run 0707 for 1 day and already the audio failed again.

I have run the above patch from v6 to v13 it looks like.

So far so good... hopefully its fixed it for good.

Cheers!

Thank you very much for the fix!
I will test it, if it fails - I will write about it here.

Updated and using it for the last two days, everything seems to be in order, zero noise.

Hello world, i have the same static problem here Asus strix Z590-E. But with AUX speakers, this started to happen after i updated with the firmware, shouldn't did it, but i did just because i like everything up to date. I did not have this problem before, is there a way to rollback?

kobpukcnc wrote:
Hello world, i have the same static problem here Asus strix Z590-E. But with AUX speakers, this started to happen after i updated with the firmware, shouldn't did it, but i did just because i like everything up to date. I did not have this problem before, is there a way to rollback?

What do you mean by AUX speakers, is it the LINE OUT audio jack?

I'm using this output to feed an external amp which powers a buttkicker. Did not have any problem since the firmware update (neither before the update, except for the optical output). And I hope I'll never meet this problem on the line out audio jack while connected to the buttkicker 😉

If it ever happens, i'll report here.

kobpukcnc wrote:

The firmware update solves the issue, it does not create it. I had this issue with the optical port and it was immediate solved after the flash. Reflash your board and if that does not solve it, your issue lies somewhere else in your system.

i9 12900k + Asus Maximus Z690 Apex + EVGA RTX 3090 Ti FTW3 ULTRA
G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR5 6000l XMP 3.0 Desktop Memory Model F5-6000U4040E16GX2-TZ5RK+ Samsung 870 Pro SSD, EVO 1TB, EVO 2TB
EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 T2 Power Supply + Fractal Meshify 2 XL case
Ek Velocity 2 CPU block, Ek GPU block
Koolance Fittings and QDC's + Mo-Ra 3 Pro 4x180 Radiator
LG 38GL950G Monitor +
Windows 10 Pro

Feklar wrote:
The firmware update solves the issue, it does not create it. I had this issue with the optical port and it was immediate solved after the flash. Reflash your board and if that does not solve it, your issue lies somewhere else in your system.

Sorry but you are wrong, it creates an issue with line in port

kobpukcnc wrote:

Hi,

Try with latest audio drivers after drivers cleanup :

You have an ASUS ROG SS3|DTS Sound Unbound Intel motherboard with ALC408x codec, so :

You need Realtek USB Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS Intel MB) from the first post of this thread : [DRIVERS] Realtek USB Audio (MB | Intel 5xx & AMD TRX40).

- Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process
- Use this SS3 Cleaner tool (Right click on "A-Volute_SS3_Cleanup.exe" > Run as administrator) then restart your PC
- Follow scrupulously your INSTALL process.

For the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process.

Also, in order to enhance your DPC latency, follow this process (also visible in TIPS at the bottom of all my audio drivers threads) :

1) Disable hibernation :

- Right-click Windows Start button then click Search.
- Search for cmd. In the search results list, right-click Command Prompt and then click Run as administrator.
- If/When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.
- At the command prompt, type powercfg.exe /hibernate off and then press Enter then close the Command Prompt

2) Enable MSI (Message Signaled-based Interrupts) mode on all your supported devices (see the column "supported modes") with MSI Mode Utility (Right click on "MSI_util_v3.exe" > Run as administrator), then Apply, then close MSI Mode Utility & restart your PC