cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog Strix Z590-E Gaming Wifi sound issue

Cool_Barn
Level 8
EDIT : It turns out the problem was my DAC, not the motherboard. See my final post for the exhilarating story.

Hello there.

I'm having issues with the optical audio on my new Strix Z590-E Gaming Wifi. I have tried both the Asus and Microsoft drivers, and with both drivers the sound will cut out momentarily every 5 - 10 seconds or so.

Normally the first thing I do upon installing a new motherboard is a fresh Windows install, but for a number of reasons, I am yet to get around to it. I tried running Ubuntu Live to make sure it was software rather than hardware, but that didn't play any sound at all when selecting the Realtek USB option.

I have just updated the BIOS with the most recent version that has just been released.

I can't say for sure whether it's hardware or software, but I'm 95% sure it's driver-related. Probably a fresh install will fix the problem, but if anybody else has experienced this, could you please let me know (and a possible fix 🙂 )

Thank you for your help!
92 REPLIES 92

_Emanuel_ wrote:
Having the issue with static noise, I've change the output to the analog one and I had zero issues with that.

I doubt that. Keep using it and after a few weeks at the latest you will hear it too. So far everyone I asked with that chip (even with totally different hardware than me) had the same issue, no matter if optical or analog.
Never had it in games. Only Youtube videos, sound files and videos. And only about every 100th play or so. Probably even less often.
It just acts differently on optical.

iisd wrote:
I doubt that.

Your choice.
I've change it when I found this topic and posted about this issue, on the first page, on 04-13-2021
Since then I worked from home, played music most of the time, games, youtube, etc and in all this this, no issue, no static.

_Emanuel_ wrote:
Your choice.
I've change it when I found this topic and posted about this issue, on the first page, on 04-13-2021
Since then I worked from home, played music most of the time, games, youtube, etc and in all this this, no issue, no static.

And thats why you havent experienced it.
It doesnt happen on analog when there is some other sound already playing. Thats also why it doesnt happen for me in games. Only happens when there is no output at all, and then randomly and rarely when you start one.
Since 4/13 Ive only experienced it a few times myself and I am 12 to 16 hours on my PC every day!

octiva wrote:
i have unstall all realtek audio drivers and software, clean out driverstore in windows....and let windows 10 install its default usb audio drivers (date on drivers is 6-12-2019)

now is 3 days in row without any random static noise BYE BYE REALTEK drivers

I have an open ticket with Asus US/China support. They are running tests in lab and are trying to pinpoint issues.

Hi, I know that there is more than one problem with the new audio drivers. The other issue is that sometimes driver plays with boot time when loading.

I removed all drivers and cleaned like you did.

I installed 2276 from install folder using Realtek.exe install

Boot issues aren't as often but still occur. I don't think it will solve your sound issue but it's worth a try.

Zardoc wrote:
I have an open ticket with Asus US/China support. They are running tests in lab and are trying to pinpoint issues.

Hi, I know that there is more than one problem with the new audio drivers. The other issue is that sometimes driver plays with boot time when loading.

I removed all drivers and cleaned like you did.

I installed 2276 from install folder using Realtek.exe install

Boot issues aren't as often but still occur. I don't think it will solve your sound issue but it's worth a try.

2276 drivers dont work .. same problem with random static noise

Blake1
Level 10
Dear all,
I'm really sorry about this.
The solution is still under testing, so no ETA yet.
Thank you.

Blake1
Level 10
Dear all,
We are really sorry.
The new firmwares from realtek still didn't pass the verification.
We will continue to work on it.
Thank you very much.

Blake@ROG wrote:
Dear all,
We are really sorry.
The new firmwares from realtek still didn't pass the verification.
We will continue to work on it.
Thank you very much.

Same issue here with a Z590-e, sudden massive feedback noise over optical.

Any update?

mgcarnevali wrote:

Any update?

Nope..

The only positive "thing" about it is this:
Blake@ROG wrote:
Dear all,
We have identified the issue and now working with supplier on the solution.

satyrlampu
Level 7
It's also happening to my wife PC (Z590-F Strix)

Crackling sound on TOSLINK (I use soundbard) is so loud which made my little boy surprised and cry.

Fortunately this never happened when using USB headphone.

Already try using several driver version, reinstall windows, etc. This never happened with previous board (Asus Z370-A)

So disappointing