cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Strix X670E-E wired network problem on Win11 (driver issue?)

shokwavxb
Level 7
I just put together a new Windows 11 system based on the Rog Strix X670E-E Gaming motherboard. I have been troubleshooting a wired network problem this week. In short, the Intel Ethernet i225-V (rev3) drivers (1.0.2.14 and 1.1.3.28) do not work well on transmit/upload traffic across the Internet for me (weirdly, internal home network file transfers work fine).

I've tested the same physical cabling with multiple other systems and they work fine (Windows 11 also but different wired NICs).

Running the same network speed and copy tests when booted from a Ubuntu live USB shows no problems.

During the Win11 build I didn't notice a problem as I was mostly just downloading apps/drivers. When I started gaming (MSFS/PUBG/DCS) and transferring files up to Google Drive I noticed the network on transmit would fall off to almost nothing. This was confirmed with speed test runs as well.

At least the WiFi connectivity works great, but I have a wired connection and I want to be able to use it.

My next step is try to flip through more Intel I225-V Win11 drivers in search of a fix. Anyone run into something similar on these Intel I225-V NICs?
1,061 Views
29 REPLIES 29

eric.sahlstrom wrote:
Sounds like a bad motherboard from the get go? I have the same board but no problems at all with my ethernet. The most annoying problems I have right now are the slow 1 minute post and my cpu cooler not quite beefy enough to keep it fully cooled... next paycheck..

FWIW, I have the Intel Ethernet Controller I225-V with the Intel driver, 3/5/2022 version 1.1.3.28

Dunno if any of that helps?


What version of windows you have?

windows 11. My computer specs are in my profile.

eric.sahlstrom wrote:
windows 11. My computer specs are in my profile.


I try the driver version you use "1.1.3.28" and the problem is gone for now but why you use this driver version because on the armoury crate and the asus website have the version "1.0.2.14"?

Tsikos wrote:
I try the driver version you use "1.1.3.28" and the problem is gone for now but why you use this driver version because on the armoury crate and the asus website have the version "1.0.2.14"?


dunno what to tell you on that, didn't notice before you said it. Armoury crate does indeed "SAY" I have 1.0.2.14 INSTALLED, however it does NOT appear to be true. I'll note this version of Armoury Crate seems to be buggy as it is. (and it is up to date) ... probably something Windows Update did?

Device Manager says 1.1.3.28 (Intel driver)

eric.sahlstrom wrote:
dunno what to tell you on that, didn't notice before you said it. Armoury crate does indeed "SAY" I have 1.0.2.14 INSTALLED, however it does NOT appear to be true. I'll note this version of Armoury Crate seems to be buggy as it is. (and it is up to date) ... probably something Windows Update did?

Device Manager says 1.1.3.28 (Intel driver)


Ohh think you also have problem and move to this version, anyway it looks ok for now i use the driver from b550 rog board "1.1.3.28 ".

Tsikos
Level 10
So after more tests i finally find what turn off the network adapters, the windows power saver plan make this problem!

mikeotto
Level 7
shokwavxb wrote:
I just put together a new Windows 11 system based on the Rog Strix X670E-E Gaming motherboard. I have been troubleshooting a wired network problem this week. In short, the Intel Ethernet i225-V (rev3) drivers (1.0.2.14 and 1.1.3.28) do not work well on transmit/upload traffic across the Internet for me (weirdly, internal home network file transfers work fine).

I've tested the same physical cabling with multiple other systems and they work fine (Windows 11 also but different wired NICs).

Running the same network speed and copy tests when booted from a Ubuntu live USB shows no problems.

During the Win11 build I didn't notice a problem as I was mostly just downloading apps/drivers. When I started gaming (MSFS/PUBG/DCS) and transferring files up to Google Drive I noticed the network on transmit would fall off to almost nothing. This was confirmed with speed test runs as well.

At least the WiFi connectivity works great, but I have a wired connection and I want to be able to use it.

My next step is try to flip through more Intel I225-V Win11 drivers in search of a fix. Anyone run into something similar on these Intel I225-V NICs?


Did anyone try the Intel prescribed fix - firmware update required!

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057261/ethernet-products/gigabit-etherne...

To everyone:

Intel has a fix for this:

1) Read this - you need to update the NVM firmware if its an issue:
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057261/ethernet-products/gigabit-etherne...

2) Download THIS - its the latest FULL software file with NVM firmware included
https://www.intel.ca/content/www/ca/en/download/15084/intel-ethernet-adapter-complete-driver-pack.ht...
RUN THE I210 NVM FIRMWARE UPDATER - IT LOOKS SPECIFICALLY FOR THE I225V

Make sure you run as administrator

mikeotto wrote:
Did anyone try the Intel prescribed fix - firmware update required!

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057261/ethernet-products/gigabit-etherne...


I have the same issue with Linux. Wired Ethernet dies randomly. I believe Asus need to provide a firmware update for this motherboard.

F1Aussie
Level 11
I have this mobo and have not had any internet issues with ethernet