cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG STRIX X570-E Gaming, error Q-code displays 0d and Q-LED for DRAM ligths up

Simplex
Level 7
I have a new build computer with the following hard ware…..

Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING
BIOS: Version 1408
CPU: Ryzen 9 3950X
RAM: G.Skill Trident F4-3200C14D-32GTZR
(Kingston KVR24E17S8/8)
GPU: 2XNvidia GTX1070

M.2 Samsung 970 EVO Plus
M.2 Samsung 860 EVO

The problem is that when I try to start the computer I end up with a black screen.
The motherboard Q-code displays 0d which according to the manual stands for ”Reserver for future AMI SEC codes” and the Q-LED for DRAM ligths up with a steady light.

I have reset the CMOS and tried with a different memmory but I still get the same error.

Any ideas on what might cause this problem and what to do next?
26 REPLIES 26

Subzerooo- wrote:
Thank you very much for your quick response. So you think I should ask for a new motherboard? My ram is optimized for AMD https://www.gskill.com/product/165/326/1562839473/F4-3600C16D-32GTZN-Overview but dont work ... What are you using as a ram? Thanks again

Given my experience, I would just go right to ASUS support. If you do the email thing, they will provide you a long list of things that won't really help, so I would call them. That way you can get right to the source of the problem.

GL!

-Dave

daverx7 wrote:
Given my experience, I would just go right to ASUS support. If you do the email thing, they will provide you a long list of things that won't really help, so I would call them. That way you can get right to the source of the problem.

GL!

-Dave

Thank you for your reply. Sorry but I did not understand correctly because I use google translate. Do you think I should have a new motherboard? When I only put one strip it doesn't work but not 2 ... Could the problem come from the processor? Best regards Dave.

Subzerooo- wrote:
Thank you for your reply. Sorry but I did not understand correctly because I use google translate. Do you think I should have a new motherboard? When I only put one strip it doesn't work but not 2 ... Could the problem come from the processor? Best regards Dave.

No worries about the translation challenges. 🙂

If it's in warranty, I would contact ASUS support and get them to do a warranty repair or replacement on your motherboard. Replacing the motherboard fixed my issue.

Good luck!

-Dave

daverx7 wrote:
No worries about the translation challenges. 🙂

If it's in warranty, I would contact ASUS support and get them to do a warranty repair or replacement on your motherboard. Replacing the motherboard fixed my issue.

Good luck!

-Dave

thank you for your help. is it possible that it is because the ram i have is not on the asus vql list for my motherboard?

Subzerooo- wrote:
thank you for your help. is it possible that it is because the ram i have is not on the asus vql list for my motherboard?

My RAM is G.Skill F4-3600C16D-32GTZNC kit, which is in the QVL, so ours not 100% the same. So, it is a complete guess on my part, but given my RAM is in the QVL and we're having the same symptoms, I'm guessing it is still your motherboard. But, I have to go back to my suggestion for you to contact ASUS support. Good luck with your issue, and hope you find a resolution to it.

-Dave

I don't mean to hijack this thread but I'm having the same problem tonight. Admins or mods please move this if required. But it could help someone in the future.

Before I go any further this is my system

Ryzen 7 3700X 3.60 - 4.40 GHz
Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming
Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4
GALAX GeForce RTX 2080 OC 8GB
SupremeFX 8-Channel High Definition Audio
Logitech Z-5500 Digital
Stadium USBPRO
AOC Agon AG271QX 144Hz (1ms)
LG Flatron W2261VP (2ms)
Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD 500GB
Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2 SSD 1TB
Samsung 850 ProSeries SSD 512GB
Samsung 840 ProSeries SSD 256GB
WD Black SATA 1TB
WD Black SATA 1TB
WD Green SATA 1TB
Pioneer 206BK Blu ray burner
LG SATA 18x DVDRW
Corsair RM 750x 750Watt PSU
Noctua NH-U12A
Cooler Master CM 590 III
Razer Goliathus Control Mouse Pad
Cyborg R.A.T. 8+
Roccat VULCAN 80 Mechanical with Brown Titan Switches
Win10 x64

I've been having issues with the switches on my power box on the side of the house. Had two of them replaced but one of the others is tripping the safety switch.
Anyway it happened again tonight. The moment I turned on the computer the switch tripped and everything in the room turned off. PC and desk lamp.

I'm getting the same 0d error and yellow light turns on and stays solid. In the manual it tells me it relates to DRAM (Yellow).
The fans all spin really fast. I will try one RAM module at a time to determine if it's that. If not it's probably the motherboard. Which I really hope it isn't. That would be a pain to have to rebuild my entire system.

Just to clarify I have the RAM in slots A2 and B2.

edit: I tried with just one RAM module. PC booted immediately. I checked BIOS to make sure all settings were still there. And they were. So I thought I'll try and put it back in see if it works. And it did. So I don't know what happened I basically just reseated the RAM and that was it. Didn't even have to try the other module on its own.

I should note that the modules last two digits are 19 and the other one is 20. I have the one with 19 in A2 and the one with 20 in B2. I like to keep them in chronological order.

Are there any tools I can use to test the motherboard? I don't know of any.

Alvez_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Dear
Usually, we use Memtest to diagnostic ram module, but it only support bad section detected. If you symptoms happened intermittent
I will suggest you can issue rma for ram to swap. I thought its related compatibility issue.