cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG STRIX RTX 2060 - ASUS Turkey service complaint

armax
Level 7
Hello

I have a ROG STRIX 2060 OC GPU (Bought in April 2020)

My question is what happened to my GPU in the ASUS Turkey's Service, they said this is crystallization for high voltage.

But if the PCB had high voltage, why only gpu is affected i mean not the transistor and other components onb PCB.

Please check the attached images whom sent me by ASUS

Honestly many ASUS customers have problem the same service which name is "servispoint"

Description;

Asus rog strix 2060 oc graphics card, fan noise, and thermal paste replacement that works without any problems, I opened a record on Asus and sent it to ServisPoint.

In the reply from Asus;
""Authorized service detection is as follows: "During the controls of the graphics card, damage was detected on the GPU and the Cooling block. A deep burn occurred in the GPU crystal. The graphics card was out of warranty due to the user's misuse of the product. Paid repair can be tried if the customer wishes. GPU replacement fee of the graphics card 9250 TRY, labor fee is determined as 250 TRY.

When you look at the traces in the photo from the service side (2 on the surface of the metal cooler in the crystal), it seems as if there is a screw, etc. between the card while it is being collected, something remained and it was crushed while trying to close it without realizing it. In addition, burns do not occur like this in silicones. No traces are formed on the silicon, which is technically called burned as a result of high temperature or high voltage, that is, on the surface called crystal by the service. Even if you really leave it in the flame, there will be no such trace on the card. There is obvious physical damage in the concrete incident.

While the probability of this damage is "1 in a hundred million" by the user, ie me (because there is a heatsink and a warranty label against unauthorized intervention on the GPU), such a damage is IMPOSSIBLE!

If the card had been opened before, it would not have been viewed as if this card had already been opened.

In short, Asus customer service has not concretely proven that this physical damage was not caused by the service Party. He also refuses to prove it.

In Turkey social media, Complaints, forums, etc... As a result of a short research, Asus servispoint is already well-versed; Since there are many Asus customers experiencing similar problems, the situation in the concrete case means more than a coincidence.

Serial Nr. *** Edited by cl-Albert for privacy, please send by PM to STARRAIN@ROG. Thx. ***
RMA: *** Edited by cl-Albert for privacy, please send by PM to STARRAIN@ROG. Thx. ***
4 REPLIES 4

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi armax,
May I have the serial number and RMA number via pm?
Thank you.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi armax,
May I have the serial number and RMA number via pm?
Thank you.

I have sent please check.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi armax,
After checked with our local team and tech team again, the damage is not covered in warranty.
Our local team have contacted you and sent the card back to you yesterday.
Thank you.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi armax,
After checked with our local team and tech team again, the damage is not covered in warranty.
Our local team have contacted you and sent the card back to you yesterday.
Thank you.

my claim was that this damage was in the service. Asus can't make up for this mess.