zerocom7
Level 7
it's my strig g15 g513qy problem kernel power 41 task63 random reboot
my bios v.311 and windows update lastest
how I fix it's problem ?89953
180 REPLIES 180

Blake@ROG wrote:
Hi hardwareman2k ,
If you still have the issue even after update the AMD new driver, please kindly send the laptop to our service center and PM me the RMA number.
Thank you.

hi, the new AMD video driver? it's up to date, yesterday i've updated, keep you up with the news.... best regards

Good evening everyone,

what is the temporary solution to the crash problem, and which AMD driver should be installed?
Should I use the provided drivers from ASUS or AMD ?

I've also been dealing with this crash problem for a long time.
My notebook crashes while I'm playing Assassins Creed.
In the Windows reporting I get a Kernel Power 41 error listed, with subsequent RefreshRateService error.
I am also active in parallel in a Windows forum, here I was made aware that I apparently have installed an Intel SATA controller, including
Intel power management driver, although I use an AMD CPU...

Would appreciate positive feedback!
Best regards,
JonnyJackson

JonnyJackson wrote:
Good evening everyone,

what is the temporary solution to the crash problem, and which AMD driver should be installed?
Should I use the provided drivers from ASUS or AMD ?

I've also been dealing with this crash problem for a long time.
My notebook crashes while I'm playing Assassins Creed.
In the Windows reporting I get a Kernel Power 41 error listed, with subsequent RefreshRateService error.
I am also active in parallel in a Windows forum, here I was made aware that I apparently have installed an Intel SATA controller, including
Intel power management driver, although I use an AMD CPU...

Would appreciate positive feedback!
Best regards,
JonnyJackson

Hi Jonny,
Please update the BIOS, VBIOS and AMD graphic driver from our support website
https://rog.asus.com/laptops/rog-strix/2021-rog-strix-g15-advantage-edition-series/helpdesk_download
Thank you.

Hello,

Thanks for the quick reply.
I have updated the VBIOS,BIOS and AMD drivers.
Unfortunately my notebook still shuts down while playing Assassins Creed.
I monitored the temperatures in parallel via the Armoury Crate app and they were in the normal range.
I have a feeling there is an issue with the 300 Hz refresh rate.
RefreshRateService I have already updated though.
Maybe also a problem with the power supply ?
I hope I don't have to send back my new notebook, because I wanted to avoid that.

Best regards
JonnyJackson

Alvez_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hello JonnyJackson
If you already install VBIOS 86018_9200, BIOS 316, AMD Driver V27.20.22001.24003. I would suggest to create RMA for further diagnostic. Because all software solution is done.
And most customers feedback they are work . sorry for inconvenience.

Hello, thanks for the reply!

I don't think it's good to have to send a new notebook back!
I still assume a software problem !

Could it be that the ASUS Armoury Crate or any other ASUS software is the cause of the problem!?

Best regards,
Jonny

hardwareman2k
Level 7
I think there is a hardware issue for sure, my laptop when it gets hot it shuts down without prompting. When i use Lumion in render mode it gets very hot and shuts down no matter what i do. I try Silence mode from Asus Crate with only 100w of power use, still no succes, it shuts down. Manual mode the same. No matter what i install or uninstall or update the laptop will reboot or shut down. Unfortunately after 4 months i'm tired, i've tried all the posibilities with no succes. I will sell my laptop and NEVER in my life will not buy another ASUS product.

I am having the same problem, and just sent my laptop in Asus Service yesterday. 😞

Well, sent laptop in to Asus with RMA. The service center re-imaged the unit, tested it over a weekend and sent it back. A day or two later, it began the occasional reboot. After turning it off, and letting the unit sit unplugged for a while, I was able to get into Windows, and tried updating everything via MyASUS, Armoury Crate and Windows Update, but the problems continued. I then tried updating to Windows 11, without any luck.

Exceedingly disappointed with this experience.

Pjgg78
Level 7
Well in my case the opposite happened. I bought my G713QY-K4005T in November, and it worked flawlessly until mid-February when one day it entered sleep mode and I couldn't recover from it, it turned on, the keyboard and RGB lights lit but never reached the ROG logo and the CAPSLOCK key led wasn't turning on either. I sent it to RMA, they said it looked like a faulty display so the first thing they said they were replacing was the display. A couple of days later they sent a message to me saying they would also replace the mainboard and a damaged RGB cable.

When I got it back from RMA everything appeared to be working well until I went to try it on gaming. Then all hell broke loose with random reboots during gaming sessions, usually 5 to 15 minutes into the game. Happens in pretty much every game I tried. The screen goes black and then it reboots. I tried several AMD GPU drivers, from the one on the ASUS site for the Advantage Edition laptops to the one in Windows Update, the one I had in February before the laptop had the problem and that was working without problems, to the latest 3 WQHL of March, April and May from the AMD site without success.

I have Windows 11 Home with all the updates, the latest BIOS V.318, the VBIOS hotfix from the ASUS site, and the latest AMD Chipset driver and the reboots don't stop. The only time a game didn't cause a reboot and it crashed to the desktop instead was while using the GPU driver from the ASUS site, when Radeon Software showed a notification with an error message saying "The driver reached a timeout, to avoid a system restart or hang the driver entered safe mode. A system restart is required to enable hardware acceleration".

The only way I can play a game is by going to Device Manager and disabling the RX6800M so that I only have the integrated GPU available. This way any game that can be played with the integrated GPU runs stable and without reboots, with the RX6800M enabled its system reboot every time I run a game. Temps according to AMD/Radeon Software before a reboot happens is CPU current between 85°C and 93°C, RX6800M current between 75°C and 80°C, and junction temp between 95°C and 100°C.

Despite all this, I'm not very willing to send it back to RMA, even with an attached video of the laptop rebooting during gaming, because I fear they will test it over a couple of days without any issues since I doubt they would be doing any gaming sessions to cause the reboots and return it as it is now.