Rog strix g15 g513qy random reboot problem

zerocom7
Level 7
it's my strig g15 g513qy problem kernel power 41 task63 random reboot
my bios v.311 and windows update lastest
how I fix it's problem ?89953
180 REPLIES 180

musano_99 wrote:
yes after uninstaling your GPU drivers usinng DDU software (in safe mode) , install the latest 12.12.1 amd driver form amd site ( which i recommend downloading it in advance) .

also make sure to do what blake said first before you try my solution, since he works for asus .

OK
Thank You

AYM576 wrote:
After installing the Bios 316 update, my laptop has had a random restart only once so far
but another problem is that the GPU RX6800M disappears during normal work, whether the charger is connected or not, and the GPU RX6800M does not appear again Only after restarting my laptop, I have reinstalled the GPU RX6800M driver again but this problem has not been resolved.

Please help to solve this problem

Little question, did you have crash/reboot during any of the incidents when dGPU "gone"? or this never caused a reboot/crash?

Thank you,

MyRyzenWorld wrote:
Little question, did you have crash/reboot during any of the incidents when dGPU "gone"? or this never caused a reboot/crash?

Thank you,

When GPU has gone, no reboot happened

Thank you

paradigm_shifte
Level 7
For me, the 316 BIOS updated OK (with the exception that it sent BitLocker into a fit) but I can't get the new VBIOS to update.

If I shut down every program I can (yes, including GPU-z), then run it as administrator (the 'Installer.exe', yes?) the screen flickers twice and there appears to be some disk activity but nothing pops up to give me an indication that anything is happening. If I restart (after leaving it for 5-6 minutes) then open GPU-z it still reports 77321 as the VBIOS version.

edit:
I've installed the GPU driver Blake recommends and tried again, no dice. Can someone let me know exactly what I should expect from the VBIOS installer?

If it makes any difference, I'm running Windows 11 Pro.

hardwareman2k
Level 7
i have G713QY-K4007R, random rebooted only once when used 3dmax. I've uninstalled armoury crate to eliminate one cause, it's useless software. I've checked also Events and this was the error to my restart.

"The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly."

hardwareman2k wrote:
i have G713QY-K4007R, random rebooted only once when used 3dmax. I've uninstalled armoury crate to eliminate one cause, it's useless software. I've checked also Events and this was the error to my restart.

"The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly."

forgot to say that i have latest drivers, latest bios update 316.... day two using 3dsmas software without reboot since i've uninstalled Armoury Crate.... hope this will be the problem

hardwareman2k
Level 7
today is day 2 since i've worked on my laptop from morning... like 6 hours of Premiere Pro exporting and 3dsmax rendering and still no reboot.... since i've uninstalled Armoury Crate no problemos so far :).... keep you up to date

hardwareman2k wrote:
today is day 2 since i've worked on my laptop from morning... like 6 hours of Premiere Pro exporting and 3dsmax rendering and still no reboot.... since i've uninstalled Armoury Crate no problemos so far :).... keep you up to date

im afraid its not crate fault since we had these reboots on a freshly installed windows without crate installed on bios 315.
also ,sadly there are two people on discord have reported single random reboot on bios 316 + latest vbios, that is so far, unreproducible .
i suggest u install crate again and try to reproduce yours and keep us posted .

P.S: i am on bio 316 _ vbio 86018 , and i have no reboot so far , but for ppl who r concerned about this issue like me , i suggesst drop using ext. monitor for now for any purpose just for the sake of testing the new asus bios and report back any reboot they encounter , we might gather enough intel to figure out what is wrong this time ,since it is hard to reproduce . thank u

musano_99 wrote:
im afraid its not crate fault since we had these reboots on a freshly installed windows without crate installed on bios 315.
also ,sadly there are two people on discord have reported single random reboot on bios 316 + latest vbios, that is so far, unreproducible .
i suggest u install crate again and try to reproduce yours and keep us posted .

P.S: i am on bio 316 _ vbio 86018 , and i have no reboot so far , but for ppl who r concerned about this issue like me , i suggesst drop using ext. monitor for now for any purpose just for the sake of testing the new asus bios and report back any reboot they encounter , we might gather enough intel to figure out what is wrong this time ,since it is hard to reproduce . thank u

your're right...
It's clearly that this is a software issue and not a hardware one. I will research more of this issue.
I don't get it, today i used hard my laptop all day, rendering and doing stuff, i even played Star Citizen for 1 hour and no reboot. There is no logic in this bug.
It's up to us to figure this out since Asus is silent about this.

PS: I must specify that i've also upgraded to 32gb g.skill 3200mhz cas22 and, 2x 980 pro 1T and AX210 Wifi.

hardwareman2k
Level 7
day 3 without restart, 3dsmax, blender, premiere pro etc.... gaming.... 7 hours working with not random reboot