Rog strix g15 g513qy random reboot problem

zerocom7
Level 7
it's my strig g15 g513qy problem kernel power 41 task63 random reboot
my bios v.311 and windows update lastest
how I fix it's problem ?89953
180 REPLIES 180

MyRyzenWorld wrote:

People that has reboots issue confirmed, can you consider experiment this proposed trial and share results?

I'd love to. But this stupid so called RMA has been going on for about 3 weeks now and the Service Center hasn't yet received the motherboard for replacement. What a joke

paradigm shifter wrote:
Yeah, I'll be trying that next.

Had another random reboot, just sitting idle at the desktop about 4 minutes after another bout of TWWH2.

Had GPU-z running in the background (set to run at boot) since MyRyzenWorld posted about that as a workaround.

Laptop went to sleep while I was out of the office grabbing a late lunch. Came back, woke it up, screen flickered, went black and laptop rebooted.

paradigm shifter wrote:
Had GPU-z running in the background (set to run at boot) since MyRyzenWorld posted about that as a workaround.

Laptop went to sleep while I was out of the office grabbing a late lunch. Came back, woke it up, screen flickered, went black and laptop rebooted.

Some users reported sleep bug.... laptop going sleep and reboots, I hope ASUS aware.

paradigm_shifte
Level 7
I noticed something interesting today. Just another datapoint.

If playing music, without GPU-z running, the music stutters (long ~6-800ms pause, followed by two short pops of play) as soon as the monitor turns off.

If GPU-z is running, the screen can turn off and there is no stutter in audio playback.

Using foobar2000 this is reproducible - happens every time.

I've not had any sudden reboot with GPU-z running yet, but it's only been a couple of days and I've not had time to try playing a game since Sunday... and I'd gone over a week without managing to trigger a random reboot immediately before the last two occurrances.

Blake1
Level 10
Dear all,
Thank you for the updates.
There has been some new findings and insight these days.
If there is anything confirmed, I will post it here.

Blake@ROG wrote:
Dear all,
Thank you for the updates.
There has been some new findings and insight these days.
If there is anything confirmed, I will post it here.

Blake, no offense, at this point you guys should be speaking to AMD drivers team, because it seems as the issue sourced there based on the recent evidence. dGPU basically hangs, crashing and reboot the laptop when you close a game/render and dGPU trying to go "low power mode/sleep". If you keep the dGPU awake, no hang or crash/reboot.

I trust you do the right thing !

Update: Official source within Asus UK confirmed, the reboots are bios issue, and an updated bios will be released within December to fix the reboots!

Source: https://twitter.com/Rommex1/status/1466095214393712642?s=20

Blake can ASUS GLOBAL confirm this please?

Thank you.

It's ready asus released the vbios update https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/GamingNB/G513QY/AMD_VBIOS_86018_9011_G513QY_G713QY.zip

@here it seems as vBios is not the major update we waiting for and we need wait for actual BIOS update too this December.....

MyRyzenWorld wrote:
It's ready asus released the vbios update https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/GamingNB/G513QY/AMD_VBIOS_86018_9011_G513QY_G713QY.zip

@here it seems as vBios is not the major update we waiting for and we need wait for actual BIOS update too this December.....

Will this be found on the normal ASUS website soon since it doesn't show up on the product support page of the model yet?

MyRyzenWorld wrote:

I have installed this vbios update that is already available at ASUS website as hotfix but seems did not make any difference at all.

The PC still reboot as usual after I quit playing World of Tanks. However, does not happen when I play Fallout 76.

Driver Version
21.20.01.19-210822a-371119C-Asus