cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Strix Claymore 2 regularly disconnects & wireless mode doesn't work

Aldoraz
Level 7
After cooking blew my fuse, my Rog Strix Claymore 2 started acting off:
-Wireless mode doesnt work at all (Unplugging the USB-C cable causes the keyboard to not respond and all LEDs to turn off)

-Wired mode (USB-C cable with an USB-C -> USB-A adapter plugged into the back of my PC) will peroidically make the "usb disconnected" sound and cause the Keyboard to stop responding and shut off all LEDs. The way I got around it, is by unplugging and replugging the cable. Otherwise it will reconnect after 1-2 minutes.

I have also gotten 3x "Power Surge on USB Port, Unknown USB Device needs more power than the port can supply" alerts and 2x my PC saying it was setting up the keyboard.

So far I tried:
-restarting PC
-Restarting Keyboard
-Upating Keyboard Firmware
-Update Armoury Crate (Program for Asus RGB Control & Firmware)
-Change USB Ports

Now when the breaker blew I wasnt on my PC. It worked fine until today. But since that incident the above issues have started to appear. So I think things such as software issues or a broken cable can be ruled out. How likely is it that a surge hit the keyboard (all other things plugged in work fine) and caused all this?
4 REPLIES 4

Nate152
Hi Aldoraz,

Welcome to the ROG Forum.

After a power outage you may need to reset your psu, try shutting down your pc and turn off the psu switch, press and hold the case power button down for 5-10 seconds to drain any left over power.

Then boot up your pc and see if it's any better.

Hi Nate,

I just tried resetting my PSU as you described.
So far I have not gotten anymore "Power Surge" alerts, however the keyboard still disconnects regularly.
Could the sudden loss of power have damaged the electronics within the keyboard, as it was plugged into my PC at the time of the fuse being blown?

Aldoraz wrote:

Could the sudden loss of power have damaged the electronics within the keyboard, as it was plugged into my PC at the time of the fuse being blown?

I'd say, first of all, it would damage your power supply or motherboard. Did you tested keyboard on other computer?

Nate152
You could try resetting your ROG Claymore II by pressing and holding the Fn + ESC key for 10-15 seconds.

Since everything was working before the power outage, it's possible the bios may have got corrupted. Try updating the bios or reflashing if you're on the latest bios version.