cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Strix B550A Gaming QVL Memory

VoMeT
Level 7
On the QVL list my memory is listed on it but for socket it says 1,2 does that mean only 1 or 2 dimm's are supported with this memory and not 4 dimms's ?
7 REPLIES 7

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi VoMeT,
May I have the specific model name of your RAM?
Thank you.

G.SKILL TridentZ RGB F4-3600C-18D-16GTZRX

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi VoMeT,
This model is 2 sticks. Please refer to our manual to install them in DIMM_A2 and DIMM_B2.
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/SocketAM4/ROG_STRIX_B550-A_GAMING/E17120_ROG_STRIX_B550-A_GAMI...
Thank you.

Thx for the conformation, i have 2 already installed but i also have for dimms 2 sitting doing nothing, would you happen to know why only 2 with these dimm and if there will be a bios update to allow 4? thx again.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi VoMeT,
Do you mean if you install in 2sets of F4-3600C-18D-16GTZRX(4 sticks), it would be no boot?
Thank you.

No i mean i have 2 sets of F4-3600C-18D-16GTZRX but only 1 set is installed, as on the memory QVL does not support 4 sticks of this memory and i wanted to know if there would be a bios update to allow 4 sticks of this memory.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi VoMeT,
Thank you for your reply.
I'm afraid because the RAM model is 2 sticks, so we tested it with the kit and not sure if it is working fine with the 4 sticks.
If you haven't bought it, please consult RAM vendor about this.
Thank you.