cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Maximus Z690 Extreme - onboard LED Stealth Mode in new 1505 BIOS not setting?

b_wetsig
Level 7
has anyone had any issue setting the new 1505 BIOS page; Advanced->onboard devices configuration->LED-RGB: When System is in hibernate, off, or soft power states - set to 'Stealth Mode' so when the PC is turned off there is no motherboard LEDs ON. In BIOS 1403 it was possible to set this to stealth mode and when the system is off there are no led/rgb's on. When i updated to BIOS 1505 the 'stealth mode' setting never seemed to work; or the settings kept changing even after i did a bios save settings & reset. I have informed ASUS and have rolled back to 1403 and stealth mode is working again.
5 REPLIES 5

msnskpl
Level 8
I have the same motherboard, but I did not notice this problem (I just turned on the stealth mode) and after turning off the computer the 'BIOS1' LED is off, but for me the Armory Crate program, in which you can make many settings, does not work as it should. For example, I turned off the MATRIX LED completely, and it suddenly glowed after turning off the computer, when it had been ok for a while and I didn't change anything in this program. The program does not show that a new bios is available. You have to save the settings several times, etc.
After flashing this 1505 BIOS, Armoury Crate did not save the fan settings at all, suddenly they started spinning on max, I had a continuous BSOD.
The system was unstable, so I reinstalled the entire Windows 11 system.
After reinstallation it was much better, but i noticed that something was wrong with the RAM and anabled XMP profile (G.Skill Trident Z5 F5-6000U3636E16GX2-TZ5K). With the XMP profile enabled, the system fails the 'PRIME95' torture test and the system's 'Windows Memory Diagnostic' program immediately shows a message that there is hardware failure. At the moment I stayed with this bios version 1505, but disabled the XMP profile.

ahfoo
Level 13
b.wetsig wrote:
has anyone had any issue setting the new 1505 BIOS page; Advanced->onboard devices configuration->LED-RGB: When System is in hibernate, off, or soft power states - set to 'Stealth Mode' so when the PC is turned off there is no motherboard LEDs ON. In BIOS 1403 it was possible to set this to stealth mode and when the system is off there are no led/rgb's on. When i updated to BIOS 1505 the 'stealth mode' setting never seemed to work; or the settings kept changing even after i did a bios save settings & reset. I have informed ASUS and have rolled back to 1403 and stealth mode is working again.

Reset the bios and reconfigured again may help.

Same thing on the Hero... change it to Stealth, shows the change when you are saving and actually saves AURA off. Done it multiple times and have even tried the above suggestion of resetting the BIOS - no avail.

had the same problem, is Asus Crate that sets that settings differently.
Open the Crate bloatware and set that setting to OFF, you'll solve the problem.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi all,
Please restore bios to all default settings, and only adjust [Advanced]---[Onboard Devices Configuration]---[LED lighting]---[When system is in sleep, hibernate or soft off states] to [Stealth Mode]. In addition to Stealth Mode settings, please open [Armoury Crate]---Click [Device]--- Select the motherboard to set [Shutdown Effect]---[off], and then check if the motherboard aura light is off after shut down the pc.
Please refer to Q5 in the following link.
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1045607
Thank you.