cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG G733CX BIOS Update Not Working

Pjgg78
Level 7
Hello

I have a ROG G733CX and I'm having an issue with a BIOS update. My current BIOS version is 313 but there's an update available for version 314. I go to the MyASUS app, download the BIOS 314 update file, right-click on it and run as admin, the file runs, I accept the terms and conditions, select install, and the progress bar goes until 100% and then asks to reboot the system. So far so good.

The problem comes next, the system reboots but instead of opening the UEFI app and starting the BIOS update process the screen just stays black for a few seconds, and then it goes straight into Windows 11 like a normal reboot. When I go back to MyASUS app the BIOS 314 update is still available there and checking the msinfo32 file the BIOS version is still 313.

I've also tried updating through EZ Flash 3, I went to the support page, downloaded the BIOS 314 for EZ Flash file, extracted the file, and copied the G733CXAS.314 file to the root folder of my system, C:\. I reboot the system, enter the UEFI app, select advanced mode, then select EZ Flash 3 but the BIOS file doesn't show up in either of the two storage locations available.

The BIOS 314 update file is not updating the BIOS at least in my case, is anyone else having this problem? Could the problem be on the BIOS 314 update file provided by ASUS?
7 REPLIES 7

dhudoletnjak
Level 7
I have the same problem. Just noticed today that there is a new BIOS update, try to run it and it didn't do anything.

I have tried all bios from 306 to 314 and haven't seen a single difference or improvement between them.

You guys need to download the bios file and use an external usb drive, the autoupdater doesn't work.

joelonxs wrote:
I have tried all bios from 306 to 314 and haven't seen a single difference or improvement between them.

You guys need to download the bios file and use an external usb drive, the autoupdater doesn't work.

Yes, that is exactly the problem we are reporting. For 314 autoupdater doesn't work. ASUS needs to fix that.

Falcon2_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi all

I will forward the information to the relevant department.

We will keep you updated and your consideration will be very much appreciated.

Pjgg78
Level 7
Thank you Falcon@ROG

Falcon2_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi all

Due to further processes involving personal information(SN), please check your inbox and reply to the PM.

Thank you.

Falcon2_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi all

After testing by the technical unit, using the same laptop to update BIOS 314 through MyASUS, it can be updated normally.

If the problem persists, we would suggest you bring back your laptop to our service center for*further confirmation.

The following is the contact information:
https://www.asus.com/support/service-center-location*

Also you can contact the local service center for help. The following is the contact information:
https://www.asus.com/support/CallUs#*

Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.