cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG First(Smart Router) Not Working

btrach144
Level 7
Hello, with my Maximus XI Extreme, I was easily able to use GameFirst and setup GameFirst/Smart Router (level 2 layer) with my AX11000.

Since I switched over to my Maximus XII Extreme (new windows 2004 install), I am no longer able to use the ROG First/GameFirst/Smart Router (level 2 layer). When clicking the discover button, I receive an error saying, "No ASUS ROG FIRST supported routers can be found within range!"

I'm directly connected via ethernet cat-8 with Wi-Fi turned off.

Intel ethernet driver(2.5GB): 1.0.1.4
Intel ethernet firmware: 1.45
Marvel ethernet driver(10GB): 2.1.21.0
ASUS AX11000 firmware: 3.0.0.4.384.9165
GameFirst VI version: 6.1.6.1

The only variable that has changed was my mobo. Has anyone else experienced this? Any way to fix this?
22 REPLIES 22

I am also experiencing this "no ROG FIRST supported router can be found within range" I literally just updated the router firmware and my GF VI stopped finding it... ntm the mobile UI and browser UI became so slow my computer (2022 zephyrus s17 the expensive one) thinks the browsers (chrome edge opera etc) all crashed!

I even did a factory reset

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hello, OmegaMutt.

This post is focuses mostly on the situation of motherboard products.
Since your problem is with the laptop ROG Zephyrus S17 GX701, there may be a difference in the way laptop items are troubleshooted.
Therefore, it is recommended that you create another post to discuss it.

Thank you.

Jiaszzz@ROG wrote:
Hello, OmegaMutt.

This post is focuses mostly on the situation of motherboard products.
Since your problem is with the laptop ROG Zephyrus S17 GX701, there may be a difference in the way laptop items are troubleshooted.
Therefore, it is recommended that you create another post to discuss it.

Thank you.

EDIT: ROLLED BACK FIRMWARE ON ROUTER AND LO-AND-BEHOLD ITS DETECTED IN GAMEFIRST IV AS A ROG ROUTER

I thought this was about the router not working with game first... which is software and after an update to the router firmware