cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG First(Smart Router) Not Working

btrach144
Level 7
Hello, with my Maximus XI Extreme, I was easily able to use GameFirst and setup GameFirst/Smart Router (level 2 layer) with my AX11000.

Since I switched over to my Maximus XII Extreme (new windows 2004 install), I am no longer able to use the ROG First/GameFirst/Smart Router (level 2 layer). When clicking the discover button, I receive an error saying, "No ASUS ROG FIRST supported routers can be found within range!"

I'm directly connected via ethernet cat-8 with Wi-Fi turned off.


Intel ethernet driver(2.5GB): 1.0.1.4
Intel ethernet firmware: 1.45
Marvel ethernet driver(10GB): 2.1.21.0
ASUS AX11000 firmware: 3.0.0.4.384.9165
GameFirst VI version: 6.1.6.1

The only variable that has changed was my mobo. Has anyone else experienced this? Any way to fix this?
858 Views
22 REPLIES 22

calle_dk
Level 7
btrach144 wrote:
Hello, with my Maximus XI Extreme, I was easily able to use GameFirst and setup GameFirst/Smart Router (level 2 layer) with my AX11000.

Since I switched over to my Maximus XII Extreme (new windows 2004 install), I am no longer able to use the ROG First/GameFirst/Smart Router (level 2 layer). When clicking the discover button, I receive an error saying, "No ASUS ROG FIRST supported routers can be found within range!"

I'm directly connected via ethernet cat-8 with Wi-Fi turned off.


Intel ethernet driver(2.5GB): 1.0.1.4
Intel ethernet firmware: 1.45
Marvel ethernet driver(10GB): 2.1.21.0
ASUS AX11000 firmware: 3.0.0.4.384.9165
GameFirst VI version: 6.1.6.1

The only variable that has changed was my mobo. Has anyone else experienced this? Any way to fix this?


I have the same problem (just switched to Maximus Z690 Hero) and when trying to discover my GT-AX11000 it says no router in range. Is that because I am connected to the router with a cable and not wifi?

Are you searching for a 6 GHz (6E) signal? Your computer supports it but the RT-AX11000 does not. Or do you have a RT-AXE11000 (which does)?

As mentioned, I am connected to the router with a cable.

Whenever Windows says "within range" it is searching for WiFi signal. IF like the OP you've disabled/turned off WiFi then you'll never see any WiFi signals within range as the WiFi radio is turned off. If you go to Device Manager and enable it then you should still be able to see it within range as long as you aren't in a dead spot or too far away.

If you want to use the wired connection try to open router.asus.com in your browser.

If this doesn't help maybe someone else understands better what you're asking...

calle_dk
Level 7
This question is about the application called ROG GamesFirst and that application not recognizing the router in order to use the "smart router" function in that application.

The question is not about connectivity between the PC and the router.

For some dumb reason GameFirs VI only uses the http://router.asus.com address and not the https://router.asus.com:8443. Asus you should fix this ASAP Pleaase!

jackwyder wrote:
For some dumb reason GameFirs VI only uses the http://router.asus.com address and not the https://router.asus.com:8443. Asus you should fix this ASAP Pleaase!


This article helped me to get that to work:
https://www.asus.com/us/support/FAQ/1034294/

I hope it helps you also.

Edit: Nevermind - Found out that GameFirst does not support Windows 11.. WTF ASUS!! :mad:
******
Did anyone solve this problem??
I have the same issue.. "No ASUS ROG FIRST supported router can be found within range!"


  • Gamefirst VI
  • Rog Maximus Z690 Hero
  • Rapture GT-AX6000 (Wired)
  • Certificate installed and tested.

Caddk wrote:
Edit: Nevermind - Found out that GameFirst does not support Windows 11.. WTF ASUS!! :mad:
******
Did anyone solve this problem??
I have the same issue.. "No ASUS ROG FIRST supported router can be found within range!"


  • Gamefirst VI
  • Rog Maximus Z690 Hero
  • Rapture GT-AX6000 (Wired)
  • Certificate installed and tested.



This is a big oof. Can we please get a version that is supported via Windows 11? Specifically Windows 11 22H2. This was bugging the absolute donkeys out of me.