cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG CROSSHAIR X670E HERO Qcode 00

huppra
Level 7
So when gaming or even randomly using the desktop the system will black screen and shutdown with the Qcode - 00. Everywhere I search says the code is not used or means there is a CPU problem. Well this is now my 3rd 7950x and second ROG CROSSHAIR X670E HERO. Two 7950xs' have reported Qcode 00, and one was DOA would blue screen every boot . The two cpu's that report qcode 00 both seem to function fine for awhile before this happens but it happens at least once day.

The only changes made to the bios 0614,0705,0803,0805 have been a fan curve, and applying AMD Expo timings for the memory.

The first motherboard had bent pins so it was never used.

You can find the rest of my system specs attached to my profile on the drop down to the left.

Any help or guidance would be appreciated.
16 REPLIES 16

@Jiaszzz@ROG

- Bios 0805, settings are default - the issues persist on 0705 and on beta 0902 as well
- 7950x
- Memory is Gskill trident z - 6000 ddr5 with expo F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR
- gpu is 4090
- psu is corsair h1200i
- os is windows 11 latest but the soft reboot 00 code can happen before booting into windows as well

Jiaszzz@ROG wrote:
Hello, Wayâ„¢ and jac3dd.

May I ask if your model is also the ROG CROSSHAIR X670E HERO motherboard? Did you refer to the FAQ for troubleshooting when encountering the 00 error code?
Did you consult the FAQ to learn how to troubleshoot the 00 error code?
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1043948/

Please share the requested information for better understanding the situation.
- the current BIOS version and the content of the setting in BIOS (or whether it is the default)
- the brand and model name of the CPU, DRAM, GPU, and PSU currently installed
- the OS version and OS build

Thank you.

Hi Iaszzz,

Thank you for asking. I have followed the steps in the guid. Is only assumed that the hardware was incorrectly installed and/or not seated correctly and no specific debugging for error code 00 ( which a lot of HERO owners are seeing )

I am doing a round of testing myself, but since the error happens randomly, it's quite difficult to determine whether the tests are conclusive or not ...

My only hope is that the ASUS support team finds the issue and corrects it with an upcoming BIOS or something to that extent.

Hello guys,

I am facing many reboots from my pc out of nowhere.
I did read many threads in the forums, I followed many suggestions... each time I feel like its solved and after some time/day the PC reboots again.

I would like to test the beta bios my self but I can't find from where to download them... Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Wayâ__
Level 9

Well Well Well...

I finally got tired of the 00 codes and bought an X670E Extreme. The machine has been running for 2 weeks without any issues since day 1 !!!

I RMA'd the X670E Hero and ASUS came back saying the board is working as intended. I don't want this POS board back 😞 I spent 3 months struggling with instability and BIOS update after BIOS update ... How does ASUS expect typical consumers to just USE the hardware without having to tinker just to get it to work right.

I am going to keep sending the board in for RMA until ASUS does something.

Not happy

Hello,

If the board is found to be working, then it is working. 00 can be a CPU, contact issue, or how the board was mounted inside the chassis. So it's still probable that there is potentially nothing wrong with the board.

13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Over the years i've built several high end pcs and even had this one the test bench to check that for some time...  The same CPU is not having any issues in a different board ( so i think that can rule out the CPU ). Ive even tested different memory kits, no change. 

I'd agree there is a possibility that there could be something else amiss here, but with so many people having the same issue on the same board is rather concering. WhatsApp Image 2023-04-02 at 11.37.38 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-04-02 at 11.37.38.jpeg

Sometime I have the same error.  My PC simply reboots and then it gets stuck with 00 code
Asus ROG X670E Extreme
AMD 7950X
Gskill DDR5 (QVL)
Seasonic 1600T

Qcode_00.jpg