cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog crosshair x670e extreme qcode 00

Fcascardo
Level 7
problem On my X670e Crosshair Extreme, I randomly get the code 00 and a black screen, everything hangs, I have to turn off the psu and only then does it start working again I've tested everything other memories another CPU today I'm using a 7950x I've tested it With 7600x and 7700x I tested it with another psu I just haven't changed the motherboard yet but from what I've read on the forum a lot of people have this problem I've used bios 0705 and 0805
6 REPLIES 6

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi Fcascardo,
Did it occur since first build? How often does the issue occur? 50%?
Please clear cmos and check if it also happen on 0805 with bios all default settings(no OC and no Expo).
In addition to RAM and CPU, please also check the graphics card if you use it.
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1043948/
Thank you.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi Fcascardo,
Did it occur since first build? How often does the issue occur? 50%?
Please clear cmos and check if it also happen on 0805 with bios all default settings(no OC and no Expo).
In addition to RAM and CPU, please also check the graphics card if you use it.
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1043948/
Thank you.

hello it always happens every day on average 3 to 4 times a day, I already did these tests I reset the CMOS completely I used the stock memory, I changed the graphics card and the same happens, I used other memory and I already changed the CPU, the problem is very random since there are times when it stays on for hours and out of nowhere the screen turns off the motherboard crashes completely, and I have to remove the computer from the light for it to return, it gets error 00 and the oled screen shows Memory check but it's frozen, I changed the power supply also the only thing I didn't change is the motherboard, I saw several reports of the same problem on the forum so I believe it's a problem in the bios, I'm running at 0805, the same happens at 0705 .

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi Fcascardo,
Thank you for your reply.
Is the "I have to remove the computer from the light for it to return" you meant same as " I have to turn off the psu and only then does it start working again"?
Did it occur since first build or occur after settings or components changed?
How long did you use the pc and get the issue 3 to 4 times a day? Which apps did you run and get the issue often?

Have you also tried only one memory stick installed but the issue still occurred?
Do you use add-on graphics card?
Please install AMD Chipset Driver V4.11.02.829 and AMD Graphics Driver V31.0.12042.4 from our support site.
(NOTICE: Due to the different structure for drivers, suggest you remove the old driver first before install this version driver.)

Thank you.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi Fcascardo,
Thank you for your reply.
Is the "I have to remove the computer from the light for it to return" you meant same as " I have to turn off the psu and only then does it start working again"?
Did it occur since first build or occur after settings or components changed?
How long did you use the pc and get the issue 3 to 4 times a day? Which apps did you run and get the issue often?

Have you also tried only one memory stick installed but the issue still occurred?
Do you use add-on graphics card?
Please install AMD Chipset Driver V4.11.02.829 and AMD Graphics Driver V31.0.12042.4 from our support site.
(NOTICE: Due to the different structure for drivers, suggest you remove the old driver first before install this version driver.)

Thank you.

Hello, yes this has been happening since forever, when he turns off the screen and the motherboard crashes completely with code 00, just turn off the power supply to turn it back on, as the board does not respond to anything, not even reset or any command not even holding the Power button it turns off, only on the psu, I saw several reports from other people with the same problem not only on Extreme but also on hero and prime so I don't think it's a defect, but some serious bios problem, but I wanted to know if you are aware of this problem, about running with the website's chipset, yes, I've tested it both with the website and with the amd website, which is newer and gives the same problem, I also tested it with Windows 11 and 10 Same thing , this problem has already happened even in the BIOS, the monitor screen would stop giving 00 and that's it! so I don't believe it's a system driver or chipset since it's already happened even in the bios, what makes me intrigued is that it doesn't give a blue screen or anything like that, it loses the video and gives error 00, and it doesn't have a pattern. it stays 3 hours straight running games doing stress tests without any problem and nothing happens, and there are times that in 20 minutes it happens and 1 hour later important detail when this happens the machine does not turn off it remains connected to the pump ROG RYUJIN 360 works, the video card is still connected memories that are G.skill CAS 30 6000 mhz too, however the motherboard hangs and just turning it on I turned off the source and turned it on again, as I answered before, I ended up with everything in stock, and I changed all the parts, except the motherboard, this is all very frustrating, I love Asus but that's impossible, I really wanted help with this situation, because I chose the best x670e that exists. I did the test with just one memory, I'm using 2 sticks of 16gb and 2 more of 16gb of the same model will arrive, but I've already tested two other brands in stock and with profile, and the same thing happens. Important note I used a Zenith Extreme X399 before this motherboard with the TR4 2050x and used the same power supply from the same video card and this never happened.

Fcascardo wrote:
Hello, yes this has been happening since forever, when he turns off the screen and the motherboard crashes completely with code 00, just turn off the power supply to turn it back on, as the board does not respond to anything, not even reset or any command not even holding the Power button it turns off, only on the psu, I saw several reports from other people with the same problem not only on Extreme but also on hero and prime so I don't think it's a defect, but some serious bios problem, but I wanted to know if you are aware of this problem, about running with the website's chipset, yes, I've tested it both with the website and with the amd website, which is newer and gives the same problem, I also tested it with Windows 11 and 10 Same thing , this problem has already happened even in the BIOS, the monitor screen would stop giving 00 and that's it! so I don't believe it's a system driver or chipset since it's already happened even in the bios, what makes me intrigued is that it doesn't give a blue screen or anything like that, it loses the video and gives error 00, and it doesn't have a pattern. it stays 3 hours straight running games doing stress tests without any problem and nothing happens, and there are times that in 20 minutes it happens and 1 hour later important detail when this happens the machine does not turn off it remains connected to the pump ROG RYUJIN 360 works, the video card is still connected memories that are G.skill CAS 30 6000 mhz too, however the motherboard hangs and just turning it on I turned off the source and turned it on again, as I answered before, I ended up with everything in stock, and I changed all the parts, except the motherboard, this is all very frustrating, I love Asus but that's impossible, I really wanted help with this situation, because I chose the best x670e that exists. I did the test with just one memory, I'm using 2 sticks of 16gb and 2 more of 16gb of the same model will arrive, but I've already tested two other brands in stock and with profile, and the same thing happens. Important note I used a Zenith Extreme X399 before this motherboard with the TR4 2050x and used the same power supply from the same video card and this never happened.

Hi Fcascardo, I have the exactly issue with my system. I got a 7900x with an x670e Hero and a Gskill 30cl 6000mhz.I used to use the AI overclocker but I have now stopped to see if it's that. it's not crashed yet but its just really random when it happens. on a separate help page, someone mentioned that it could be the cooler is over tightened on the socket I haven't tired this myself yet. hope it helps but I do wish this gets fixed ASAP with a Proper Bios update or something.

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hello, Fcascardo.
Thank you for sharing the details.

Could you help to confirm the question below as well?
- the current BIOS version
- the serial numbers of your motherboard and GPU via pm
- the brand and model name of the CPU, DRAM, GPU, and PSU currently installed
- the OS version and OS build
Thank you.